Grate Eggsitement!!

Old August 26th 11, 09:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Cheryl[_5_]

Default Grate Eggsitement!!

Well, it happined! Thatted hoomin Memoie wuz talkin tu camed bak wif
more men anna noysi mashines! We cudnt akshually eggsamin effuryfing
furst hand, cuz we wus lokked inna pooter room. Butted wen we camed out,
theer wuz a noo door anna noo windo inna Cinnamonz room. SHez gonna have
a bigbig sunspot if thu sun effur comes bak. Memoie sez thu window iz
eggsakly thu same size as thu oldur wun cuz itz cheeper tu du that then
make a biggur or smallur windo, but it luks biggur cuz it duznat have
sashs an bitsa wood going cross it, notted so much eneyway.

I finks thu hoomins mite com bak cuz they lefted sum uv theer stuff,
butted we iz free agin. Fur Now.

Hoomin note:

Ah, the excitement! I didn't expect to hear from them for another month,
given the weather delays, but the contractor emailed Thursday to say the
painters were available to start today, so I gave the go-ahead. Then he
left more messages for me everywhere - his carpenters had finished their
previous job a bit early and THEY could start Friday, and the painters
maybe Saturday (these carpenters don't seem to work weekends), with the
rest of the work - the storm door and the steps - to be finished Monday.
(Aren't we at risk of getting smacked by Irene about then? But it's much
too early to be sure.) So of course I grabbed the chance to get my work
done, took a day off work I can hardly afford, locked up the cats (don't
listen to them moan and yowl, they had litter and food and water!), and
moved everything from around the door and window.

So far I'm really pleased. Getting the door fitted right was quite a
challenge in a crooked old house, but it's solid and level now and will
undoubtedly keep out more nasty drafts than the old one did. I can't
believe how much brighter the room with the new modern window is! And
you can open it!

One of the carpenters worked on the bedroom windows and rebuilding those
dormers. He entertained his companion with a description of the dead
wasps' nest they'd removed. I hadn't heard about that, but I'd heard
about the bird's nests.

Oh, the joys of old houses!

--
Sam
Old August 26th 11, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

gud fur ursefz anna gud fur da hoomin, safin onna heatin billz wil hep pay
doze wurker peoplez, anna mayhapz get ursef sum tweetz, OEJ

Grate Newz Granby Cat community 25 July 24th 10 04:11 AM
So Much Eggsitement! Cheryl[_5_] Cat community 0 March 15th 10 05:12 PM
Thuh Grate Nip Rescue squiffer Cat community 307 December 11th 07 04:27 AM
First Jellicle Stories -The Grate Mowsie Hunt fuzzmonsters Cat community 1 November 5th 07 03:45 PM
GRATE NOOS! Amelia T Cat Cat community 9 April 22nd 05 03:48 PM