overweight female adult sheds so much

Old August 24th 10, 03:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Susan Lunt-Owens

Default overweight female adult sheds so much

My friend has an overweight female adult cat. She sheds so much it
makes it hard for my friend to cook after clearing up fur and then
finding it in food. This cat is affectionate and talks a lot, but if
you touch her beyond a certain point, you can tell it hurts her. What
do we do? The main concern right now is the over shedding. Can you
please help?

Thank you.
Old August 24th 10, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 19:32:19 -0700, Susan Lunt-Owens wrote:

My friend has an overweight female adult cat. She sheds so much it
makes it hard for my friend to cook after clearing up fur and then
finding it in food. This cat is affectionate and talks a lot, but if
you touch her beyond a certain point, you can tell it hurts her. What
do we do? The main concern right now is the over shedding. Can you
please help?

Thank you.

The first thing to do is to take the cat to the vet. If petting hurts,
she might need vet care.

As for the shedding, gentle and frequent use of grooming tools like the
Furminator or similar should help ease the shedding problem.

And as for the fur in the food issue, I have a coffee cup on my desk that
reads "Everything tastes better with cat hair in it" Some amount of
cat hair is bound to find it's way into the cooking. Relax and don't
worry about it - it won't hurt you.

Dan

Old August 25th 10, 01:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I am sure glad to hear that cat furr won't hurt you!! Every now and then I
find a bit of it, especially if I have steamed chicken.

Old August 26th 10, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Dan M

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 07:12:51 -0500, Granby wrote:

I am sure glad to hear that cat furr won't hurt you!! Every now and
then I find a bit of it, especially if I have steamed chicken.

If it actually had beneficial health effects I'd probably be the
healthiest person in the world.

But the fact that it doesn't seem to be at all harmful is good enough for
me.