Eerz: The End

Old July 30th 10, 11:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

Default Eerz: The End

Eerz went downhill quite fast the last couple of days. She had been removed
from steroids several weeks ago upon the conferral of the surgeon/oncologist
and my local vet, because they were worried about damage to her fragile
organs.

Her head had swollen badly this week, and we went in for an emergency steroid
shot yesterday, again with the blessing of both vets.

It didn't help, and she hasn't eaten in three days. Even her original owner
can't get her to take any food. Neither vet believes in force feeding.

There was just an emergency appointment with the surgeon. I had to be at
work, but went home at lunch to say goodbye, expecting the worst.

They've decided to wait until tomorrow morning, to my surprise, with a pain
medicine administered to minimize the discomfort of the starvation. She got
fluids yesterday and (I think) just now.

We're going to have her put down tomorrow morning. I just called the original
owner at my home (she couldn't make it to the appointment) and she's
distraught. I'm mostly upset about the delay, because I don't want Eerz to
suffer, but not being there I had to accept the decision of my wife and the
surgeon.

At least she had six or seven months that were probably better than anything
she'd had before in her life.

Art

Old July 30th 10, 11:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default The End

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
[...]

Yes, you made her last months wonderful. I know you knew this was coming,
but it doesn't make it hurt any less.

Hugs and purrs,

Joy

Old July 31st 10, 12:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_5_]

"Arthur Shapiro"
[...]

I'm so sorry Art. Purrs for her safe journey to The Bridge
tomorrow and for the broken hearts she leaves behind.
Eerz was so loved and that what is important.
Bless your hearts.
Love
Kyla

Old July 31st 10, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
[...]

and no one could have done more to help a stranger's cat. This is hard
to do, but it is a kindness not to let her suffer.
"....Rise up slowly, Angel...." It's hard to let you go.
Purrs for those who mourn her passing. MLB
Old July 31st 10, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bobble[_8_]

(Arthur Shapiro) wrote in
:

[...]

I'm so sorry for you.

Bobble
Old July 31st 10, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cshenk

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote

Eerz went downhill quite fast the last couple of days.

Art, you've done all you can. Bless you for that and for being able to ease
her way to the next stage.

Old July 31st 10, 01:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

Arthur Shapiro wrote:

At least she had six or seven months that were probably better than anything
she'd had before in her life.

Art

Exactly. Arthur, I'm so sorry about Lady Eerz's passing to the bridge,
but glad that she had those wonderful loving months with her forever
family.

Pam S. crying
Old July 31st 10, 02:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Arthur Shapiro wrote:

[...]

Oh, I'm so sorry. I hope she will be comfortable on the pain killers
until tomorrow when you can end her suffering.

You've been really generous and loving toward her, and you did your
best to give her a chance to recover. Sadly, that hasn't worked out,
but she did get to have a little comfort and maybe some enjoyment in
her life.

I'm sorry to see her go, even though I know it's unavoidable. You put
a lot of yourself into helping her, and through your stories, I got
attached to her, too!

Purrs,
Joyce

--
The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their
face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer.