Woman Let's Go Of Cat To Survive

Old September 18th 04, 02:22 PM
Sherry

Dont judge the woman by the one single quote the reporter chose to use. She
may
be totally devasted by the loss of her cat for all you know.
Sherry

You Guys!!!! This is CP? Are you bored or something? Accept and move on.

Sigh. Sorry Karen.
I just can't stand it when somebody sits all high and mighty and says "OH, I
wouldn't do that." When none of us knows *what* we would do. CP is making it
sound like the woman made a calculated decision like "Gee, I can't hang onto
this carrier and save myself, too. I think I'll sacrifice the cat to save my
ass. Bye, Kitty." When everything probably happened so fast, and the woman may
have *tried* and lacked the physical strength to hang on to it.

I really doubt the woman was as blase about it as the reporter makes it sound.
Reporters have a way of "reporting" a story to the angle they choose, and
taking a quote completely out of context.
I also bet a weird self-preservation mode kicks in when we're in a panic
situation. Some people would lose their lives trying to save their cats; I
think everybody would for their kids. But they don't "think" and "decide". It
just kicks in.

Sherry

Old September 18th 04, 02:50 PM

I live in NC and just a few minutes ago there was a story about the
flooding in
this state. Actually it has been the main story for quite a number of
days. They interviewed a college student who was stranded. Her comment
was (as she was looking over the destruction) that if it is this bad as
far inland as we are she can't imagine how bad it is on the coast. Even
the northern part of our county has seen destruction from flooding and
we are 2 hours away from the hardest hit areas of the state. Some people
are dealing with flooding of their homes 2-3 times in the last month.

I also agree with the posters who feel that the whole story was not
told. The one
time I wrote a letter to the editor it was printed in the paper but it
was also edited which changed the meaning of my
comments.

Michele

Old September 18th 04, 05:09 PM
Mary

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
I hadn't realized this thread was created to be putting me down. Did your
lifeguard training require put-downs of people here? It is amazing that

some
can't discuss a topic without acting like kids. I certainly will not
apologize for my love of my cats. I would not allow them to drown if faced
with that decision.

People who condemn the actions of those who find themselves
in terrifying situations never experienced by their critics quite
simply do not know what the hell they are talking about.
Reminds me of the stories about Jacqueline Kennedy after
her husband was shot. People felt she was disloyal or less
than honorable because she fled the car after having her
husband's head explode all over her.