Brooke Update re Chemo - OT

Old February 22nd 09, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Brooke Update re Chemo - OT

Brooke got her second round of chemo last weekend (sorry I've waited so long
to post, but have been in bed with the flu and away from a computer for a
while). She has her first three in the hospital then checked out Tuesday,
the 10th, then went back for an out-patient chemo on Saturday the 14th.
This second one was worse on her than the first (and from those who have
been there I've heard it just gets steadily worse from here). She started
losing quite a bit of hair so my daughter made special arrangements for her
to have her senior pictures taken early, they did that on Monday the 16th.
So you can see that I've had other things on my mind than what's going on
here (gads I wish there were a "catch up" place to go to see what I've been
missing).

Anyway, my hands are still shaking from this flu and I'm finding it hard to
type so I have to sign off again for a while.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 22nd 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Brooke Update re Chemo - OT - More

Ah God, I just heard from Erin and she told me they had to rush Brooke back
to Children's Hospital with a fever of 104. Her platelet count after the
last chemo dipped too low and she picked up an infection from somewhere.
Please, guys, send prayers and purrs for my little one.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old February 22nd 09, 08:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected][_2_]

On Feb 22, 12:25*pm, "CatNipped" wrote:
Ah God, I just heard from Erin and she told me they had to rush Brooke back
to Children's Hospital with a fever of 104. *Her platelet count after the
last chemo dipped too low and she picked up an infection from somewhere.
Please, guys, send prayers and purrs for my little one.

Coming at once! Fabulous Furballs engaging their purr motors big time
for Brooke! Lesley and Dave sending their thoughts and prayers as well

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old February 22nd 09, 09:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

CatNipped wrote:
Ah God, I just heard from Erin and she told me they had to rush Brooke back
to Children's Hospital with a fever of 104. Her platelet count after the
last chemo dipped too low and she picked up an infection from somewhere.
Please, guys, send prayers and purrs for my little one.

Purrs and prayers for Brooke are constant and shall remain so. Purrs
that you will get well fast. MLB
Old February 22nd 09, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

CatNipped wrote:
Ah God, I just heard from Erin and she told me they had to rush
Brooke back to Children's Hospital with a fever of 104. Her platelet
count after the last chemo dipped too low and she picked up an
infection from somewhere. Please, guys, send prayers and purrs for my
little one.

Mega purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 22nd 09, 09:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

CatNipped wrote:
[...]

Brooke is in our thoughts. We are sending lots and lots of purrs and
gentle hugs for her. Lots of purrs for you to recover from flu, CN,
Polonca and Soncek
Old February 22nd 09, 11:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Chris H[_2_]

Purrs on constant supply from the Fairfax Fur Factory, and good
healing thoughts from the hoomin.

Chris, Katie, Hazard and Oreo
(In loving memory of Tripper)

Old February 23rd 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:25:59 -0600, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Ah God, I just heard from Erin and she told me they had to rush Brooke back
to Children's Hospital with a fever of 104. Her platelet count after the
last chemo dipped too low and she picked up an infection from somewhere.
Please, guys, send prayers and purrs for my little one.

prayers and purrs coming for the family and for Brooke's chemo
compromised immune system to make short work of the infection
--
Steve Touchstone
Little Bit, Sammy, Spotty, Princess, Furby
Old February 23rd 09, 07:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Purrs and purrayers for both of you!

Joy

Old February 23rd 09, 01:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default Brooke Update re Chemo - OT - Another Update

wrote:
Ah God, I just heard from Erin and she told me they had to rush Brooke
back
to Children's Hospital with a fever of 104. Her platelet count after the
last chemo dipped too low and she picked up an infection from somewhere.
Please, guys, send prayers and purrs for my little one.

--

Hugs,

CatNipped

More Gigapurrs and Terrapurrs coming from NY for Brooke, you and the
whole family!
--

Craig, Kathi & "Cat Five" the tabby girl
"One way that you can tell that 'Mythbusters' has been in the area

Try not to stress if you can.
This is an example of why I get the infrequent call from the Blood
Bank
asking me to donate *platelets* instead of whole blood (this is the
double
arm deal that takes *hours* because I have something special in my
blood
that kids in Brooke's current need can use to fight infection. I don't
know
what it is, or anything more aboout platelet donation, except that she
might
need some; from what they tell me at the Blood Bank.(infection, etc.).
All
I know about platelets is that I take a med that keeps them from
making
clots and/or sticking to my arteries. Hope Brooke's crises is
suppressed soon.

You're right - they gave her a transfusion last night. I am so freaked out
about this even though people tell me this is what to expect with this
disease, I can't help it, this is my first grandchild and it's scaring the
bejeesus out of me!

Hugs,

CatNipped