Roy's Story

Old March 3rd 05, 09:49 AM
Brian Link

Default Roy's Story

This is a simple story.

Roy couldn't live wih his new owners because of allergies.

As friends of his owners, we agreed to adopt him.

His integration was simple, though he wound up low-cat on the totem
pole, there was absolutely no violence blending him into our multi-cat
household.

He purred and played. A very sweet, gray-and-white mutt.

He developed a large growth on his back.

He lived for years with this, with no apparent discomfort.

Finally though, grapefruit-sized, we asked a vet about its impact. We
were told it was a sarcoma which would only get larger and larger.

We opted to try an in-home euthanasia. Roy was given drugs which made
him stumble around the house pitifully.

We couldn't stand it any longer, and took him to the Vet, where he was
put to sleep.

Poor Roy.. he was always the under-cat. At least the Vet assured us
that he hadn't seen a cat with a similar sarcoma last so long.

Goodbye, Roy. =(

BLink