How to encourage cat for dry food

Old March 30th 05, 11:08 PM

Default How to encourage cat for dry food

My cat is completely on wet food..... i used different brands of DRY
foods....
but no use....... my cat don`t even try it..... she is 1 year old.....
it there anyway i can encourage my cat to try the dry food

Old March 30th 05, 11:47 PM
Karen

Err. Why? Do you know how many people *struggle* to get their cats on wet
food and off of dry? It's just plain healthier to be on wet.

ups.com...

Old March 30th 05, 11:49 PM
Mary

wrote in message
ups.com...
My cat is completely on wet food..... i used different brands of DRY
foods....
but no use....... my cat don`t even try it..... she is 1 year old.....
it there anyway i can encourage my cat to try the dry food

Why do you want her to eat dry food?

Old March 31st 05, 02:12 AM
FD701

wrote in message
ups.com...
My cat is completely on wet food..... i used different brands of DRY
foods....
but no use....... my cat don`t even try it..... she is 1 year old.....
it there anyway i can encourage my cat to try the dry food

Have to chime in and say, why would you ? My cat always wanted dry and I am
lucky if can get him to eat 1 pouch of wet a week. I wish he wouldnt want to
eat that junk food all the time, but he really really doesnt like wet food
(he will lick the gravy off and leave the meat).
Dry food can cause urinary infections, is just scraped up junk and normally
stretched with unnessecary carbs, which will cause obesity and sluggishness.
(yes, my cat also doesnt like any of the expensive dry foods......)
If it is for convenience of feeding, get the one-feed-pouches. Then you dont
have to keep smelly cat-cans in the fridge.

Old March 31st 05, 08:47 AM
Brian Link

On 30 Mar 2005 14:08:25 -0800, "
wrote:

My cat is completely on wet food..... i used different brands of DRY
foods....
but no use....... my cat don`t even try it..... she is 1 year old.....
it there anyway i can encourage my cat to try the dry food

It seems to be the consensus that wet food is in fact better than dry,
for a number of reasons.

Don't fight it.. embrace it! =)

BLink
Old March 31st 05, 10:11 AM
MaryL

wrote in message
ups.com...
My cat is completely on wet food..... i used different brands of DRY
foods....
but no use....... my cat don`t even try it..... she is 1 year old.....
it there anyway i can encourage my cat to try the dry food

You are fortunate. Good quality canned food is much better for your cat
than dry food. Dry food has far too many carbs and fillers. Just make sure
it is *good* quality such as Wellness, Felidae, or Innova -- not supermarket
fare.

MaryL

Old March 31st 05, 02:35 PM

but all the wet foods are so soft......... my cat don`t get any chance
to chew anything....
i thought by giving my cat dry food and wet food both......... i can
make its diet more balanced and appropriate.....one more thing......
wet foods don`t have vegetable in them....... where as whiskas dry food
(chicken and vegetable combined) ..... will have more vitamins ........
i m really concerned about whether my cats diet is balanced or not......

Old March 31st 05, 02:38 PM

about the canned food..... here we have 2 brands available friskies (go
cat)
and whiskas.....
which one is better