Have to give up 1 cat : (

Old September 28th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

Default Have to give up 1 cat : (

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:14:43 GMT, "Spot"
wrote:

From previous post I gather she lives in HUD subsidized housing it's just
not that easy to pick up and move when you are disabled and getting by on
very little. I know I've been there. I don't get why they will let her
only keep one of them if she was allowed to have both when her husband was
alive.

Celeste

They will. They just haven't seen the light yet. "GRIEVING WIDOW
PRESSURED TO GIVE UP CAT."

I wouldn't wanna be Housing Mang if that story gets out in the
community.

Charlie

"ensoul" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
sign

Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
them!

Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
Rick's death

Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying

I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
bitten or starched anyone

I can't give up my babies.

ensoul

What is Housing Mang? Are you referring to a housing manager? I also
don't understand what diabetes or ADA has to do with keeping cats
(although ADA does stipulate that people with certain disabilities are
entitled to guide dogs). That said, is there any possible way that you
can move to another apartment? That would be the obvious solution -- give
up the apartment, not the pets.

MaryL

Old September 28th 06, 04:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Don't give up either of those cats! This is beyond unfair.

If you need any help contacting a newspaper as others have said or
writing about it, I'd be glad to help. I cannot believe someone would do
this to you and the cats.

Maybe casually let the housing mang know that you may have to take this
to a higher level, so is there any way he wants to reconsider before you
this becomes a public issue.

Rhonda

Old September 28th 06, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
ensoul

What is Housing Mang? Are you referring to a housing manager? I also don't
understand what diabetes or ADA has to do with keeping cats (although ADA
does stipulate that people with certain disabilities are entitled to guide
dogs). That said, is there any possible way that you can move to another
apartment? That would be the obvious solution -- give up the apartment, not
the pets.

MaryL

Housing Mang is the person the runs this housing complex, an apartment
complex w/1,2, and 3 bdrm places....I don't where the diabetes part
came from, maybe I did a typo

I can't move, and she know its has me up a tree....my low income
forbides it
I can't get HUD or other rental assistance because of what my ex pulled
while we had section 8

Old September 28th 06, 10:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MaryL

"ensoul" wrote in message
s.com...

[...]

In that case, how about the suggestions that some of the others had -- in
particular, a talk with your local newspaper because public housing managers
usually do not want any negative publicity, and it could be *very* negative
to read about a manager that requires a widow to give up one of her cats.
I'm so sorry to read about this.

MaryL

Old September 28th 06, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Mommy of 2 via CatKB.com

I vote for going to the papers.....they're great for publicity like this..
Real human interest.

Rhonda wrote:
Don't give up either of those cats! This is beyond unfair.

If you need any help contacting a newspaper as others have said or
writing about it, I'd be glad to help. I cannot believe someone would do
this to you and the cats.

Maybe casually let the housing mang know that you may have to take this
to a higher level, so is there any way he wants to reconsider before you
this becomes a public issue.

Rhonda

I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but

[quoted text clipped - 16 lines]

ensoul

Old September 29th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
meeee

Absolutely...make sure you cry...lots. Heartless *******s like that deserve
all they get, and that's the whole idea of The Press.

Old September 29th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Charlie Wilkes

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 22:56:25 GMT, "Mommy of 2 via CatKB.com"
u26651@uwe wrote:

I vote for going to the papers.....they're great for publicity like this..
Real human interest.

I would start by simply refusing to give up one of the cats. No need
to go to the papers or take any action that could be seen as a threat,
until they start a legal process to evict you or remove one of the
cats.

If you simply draw a line, I think they will probably drop it because
they realize how bad it would look to the public or in a courtroom.

Charlie

Old September 29th 06, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
chili palmer

Charlie Wilkes wrote:

They will. They just haven't seen the light yet. "GRIEVING WIDOW
PRESSURED TO GIVE UP CAT."

I wouldn't wanna be Housing Mang if that story gets out in the
community.

Charlie

this is shaping up to be a bad episode of an after school special

or, a bad Brady Bunch episode

I agree though, Ensoul should just refuse, and force the chinese man to
take legal action
if anything, that will save Ensoul a 50 dollar filing fee

"somebody said NO"

Old September 29th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Judy

"ensoul" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have brothers, Moe & Rudy, they've never been seperated
I got them at the SPCA.....Housing Mang doesn't like you have pets, but
I did the right w/the American Disabilities Act even has 2 doctor's
sign

Now Mang tells since my husband, Rick's died I can only have one of
them!

Rudy puts a paw on each shoulder and licks my face when I'm crying over
Rick's death

Moe lets hug as as I want when I'm crying

I can't pick just one! I guess the right thing will be to give them
both up together, they are good with kids school age, they have never
bitten or starched anyone

I can't give up my babies.

Do you have the option to move?

Old September 29th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Lesley

Charlie Wilkes wrote:

They will. They just haven't seen the light yet. "GRIEVING WIDOW
PRESSURED TO GIVE UP CAT."

Yes!!!! They aren't going to look sooo good if that comes out in a
local paper!

Nice one Charlie!!!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs