yes! progress!

Old January 11th 05, 09:10 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

Default yes! progress!

I'm finally down to fewer than 100 unread messages!

.... so I felt the need to add to everyone else's backlog. Er, sorry 'bout
that.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 11th 05, 10:56 PM
Christina Websell

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
I'm finally down to fewer than 100 unread messages!

... so I felt the need to add to everyone else's backlog. Er, sorry 'bout
that.

I was down to 47, now I'm on 236 unread, 79 not downloaded. Still not sure
what the last bit means. Well, of course I know what it *means* but I don't
understand why it happens.
Now it's bedtime here in England and when I wake up I will have more than
300 unread. Hey, you Americans, stop talking in the night when I'm asleep
;-))

Tweed

Old January 12th 05, 12:51 AM
Shiral

I hate to think of how many messages I haven't managed to read.... But
at some point, I had to make peace with the idea that there weren't
enough hours in a day to keep up with all my online communities by
reading every single posting and eat and sleep. Let alone care for
cats, and go to work. =o)
Tweed....So stop sleeping in the middle of our days! =o)

Melissa

Old January 12th 05, 01:00 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-12, Shiral penned:
I hate to think of how many messages I haven't managed to read.... But at
some point, I had to make peace with the idea that there weren't enough
hours in a day to keep up with all my online communities by reading every
single posting and eat and sleep. Let alone care for cats, and go to work.
=o)

True enough. I have a few thousand backed up in various places, and I'm
afraid I've had to skim or just skip a lot of replies.

Old January 12th 05, 10:32 AM
polonca12000

If you use Outlook, it is preset to download 300 messages at a time. You can
go to menu Tools and click on Get next 300 headers or you can change the
number of messages downloaded by going to Tools, Options, tab Read, News,
get 300 number of messages at a time (increase the number of messages).
HTH. Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek