Tummy Rubs--A Poll

Old March 2nd 05, 02:18 PM
CatNipped

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1109741549.250704ad93d2b6095e9d8d99535f1e27@t eranews...
My little grey tabby Cheeks loves to have her belly rubbed. She is the
first
cat I have ever had that likes this.

It was not something she revealed to me right away when I adopted her in
2001 at age 2. She had been with us for about three months when one night
during our nightly petfest when I was scritching her head and back she
rolled over on her side and lifted her leg up like it was on a hinge.
Because I had cats that did not like their bellies touched, I was
surprised.
But I rubbed her pink little belly and she went all googly eyed and purred
up a storm. I think the great people at Snowflake Animal Shelter got her
used to this. She was said to have been a feral who had been at the
shelter
for four months when I adopted her.

Does your cat like tummy rubs?

Two yeses, two nos. Sammy will "kill you to death" if you try to run her
tummy (but then again, she tries to "kill you to death" whenever you get
near her - she's still in that kitten play fighting stage, sigh). Demi is
*way* too afraid to ever expose her belly to anyone - she barely exposes any
part of herself to anyone. Jessie likes it. Bandit will chew your arm off
at the elbow if you are anyone but me, for me she rolls over and purrs
(people think I'm crazy because I even give her bugga bellies - you know,
when you turn a cat over on her back, stick your face in her belly, shake
your head back and forth and murmur "bugga, bugga, bugga" into her belly -
people are surprised I still *have* a face after trying that stunt!).

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 2nd 05, 02:18 PM
Mary

"Melissa Houle" wrote in message

Mary wrote in message
[...]

Pan does. =o) He rolls onto his back, lifts up his little forelegs as if
he's begging, and purrs VERY hard. He also gives me the upside downy head
look as if to say "don't stop!"

I have to say, Pan is a fine name for a boycat! Have you ever read
a book called Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins? Pan plays a
major role in that book.

Francesca will tolerate it, but no farther
down than around mid-tummy. And she looks at me as if she thinks I'm

taking
a tremendous liberty. =o)

This is how my Gnarly was about any petting at all. She really preferred
not to be touched except for rare occasions when she would approach
me for petting. She wanted to be near me, and maybe even ON me,
but no touching with hands.

Nina likes to be nuzzled, cuddled and kissed, but she's not crazy about
tummy rubs.

Buddha just reflexes like a chubby crab and playbites the hand like
it tickles. Very cute.

Old March 2nd 05, 02:23 PM
Mary

"badwilson" wrote in message
Mary wrote:
My little grey tabby Cheeks loves to have her belly rubbed. She is
the first cat I have ever had that likes this.

It was not something she revealed to me right away when I adopted

her
in 2001 at age 2. She had been with us for about three months when
one night during our nightly petfest when I was scritching her head
and back she rolled over on her side and lifted her leg up like it
was on a hinge. Because I had cats that did not like their bellies
touched, I was surprised. But I rubbed her pink little belly and she
went all googly eyed and purred up a storm. I think the great people
at Snowflake Animal Shelter got her used to this. She was said to
have been a feral who had been at the shelter for four months when I
adopted her.

Does your cat like tummy rubs?

Vino generally likes it. He stretches out and invites me to give him
a tummy rub. Sometimes it makes him playful though and then he bunny
kicks me lightly and halfheartedly gnaws on my hand.

Don't you love this? I am constantly annoying Cheeks by stopping the
play and cuddling her and giving her a kiss after she bunnykicks me.
How can something so cute be so deadly to their prey?!

Then he jumps up
and runs away, looking behind him to make sure I'm chasing him. He
loves to be chased around the house and tummy rubs usually instigate a
good chase game.
--
Britta

Vino sounds darling.

Old March 2nd 05, 02:25 PM
Mary

"melizabeth" wrote in message

"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Willow *looooovvvves* having her belly rubbed. She flops over on her side
when we come into the house ready for some quality tummy tickles.

What a cutie! Tell me, what made you name her Willow? It's very
pretty.

Old March 2nd 05, 02:29 PM
Mary

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

Stinky loves 'em, too. You can do anything to his tummy. I sometimes
rub my face on it.

I do this too. I pick Cheeky up and put her on my raised
arm and nuzzle her belly. I think she smells like cinnamon.

Old March 2nd 05, 02:31 PM
Mary

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 00:32:33 -0500, Mary wrote:

[...]

Yes! TuTu is the Tummy Rub Queen.MLB

Tutu! I'm not sure I've seen you write about her, MLB. How did
she come to get this name? I picture her as very dainty. She's not
named after Desmond, is she?

Old March 2nd 05, 03:01 PM
Mary

"CatNipped" wrote in message
"Mary" wrote in message
[...]

Oh but Lori, isn't it adorable? It just kills me when these fuzzy little
things go all play vicious on me!

Demi is
*way* too afraid to ever expose her belly to anyone - she barely exposes

any
part of herself to anyone.

Just like my Gnarly. The one time I turned her on her back to look
at her tummy her ears went back and her body went rigid and she
just missed drawing blood. She struck like a snake if you touched
her in the wrong way.

Jessie likes it. Bandit will chew your arm off
at the elbow if you are anyone but me, for me she rolls over and purrs
(people think I'm crazy because I even give her bugga bellies - you know,
when you turn a cat over on her back, stick your face in her belly, shake
your head back and forth and murmur "bugga, bugga, bugga" into her belly -
people are surprised I still *have* a face after trying that stunt!).

Ha ha! Bugga bellies, what a cute way to put it. I do this but kiss the
tummy
and wind up with a face full of fur.

Old March 2nd 05, 03:03 PM
jmcquown

Mary wrote:
My little grey tabby Cheeks loves to have her belly rubbed. She is
the first cat I have ever had that likes this.

Does your cat like tummy rubs?

Persia will "ask" for them in that manner as well, but I can only do it for
a few seconds (unless we are dozing off to sleep together).

Jill

Old March 2nd 05, 03:33 PM
CatNipped

"Mary" wrote in message
news:1109775699.349dd6523f48683dc2b313ffcaf2d8c1@t eranews...

Oh but Lori, isn't it adorable? It just kills me when these fuzzy little
things go all play vicious on me!

It would be if she weren't 16 pounds of muscle! I have to be careful to not
get her too excited or she'll "kill me to death" for real!

Just like my Gnarly. The one time I turned her on her back to look
at her tummy her ears went back and her body went rigid and she
just missed drawing blood. She struck like a snake if you touched
her in the wrong way.

No, Demi just goes into "I'm coming Elizabeth!" mode. Here's a picture of
her when DH was just holding her (oh no, he might *eat* me!!!):
http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...RansomNote.jpg.

Ha ha! Bugga bellies, what a cute way to put it. I do this but kiss the
tummy and wind up with a face full of fur.

I do it to show visitors how brave I am! ; This is the cat who chased a
grown man up onto the back of my sofa (don't feel sorry for him, I warned
him to stay away from Bandit and he walked next to her and made like he was
going to poke her with his foot - she started doing her imitation of a
cougar scream and took after him - DH and I walked back into the room to
find him standing on the back rest of the sofa hugging the wall and
screaming like a little girl!). Right after that I flipped her over and did
bugga belly and his eyes just got round and he looked at me like I was
crazy! ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old March 2nd 05, 04:14 PM
Howard Berkowitz

In article 1109741549.250704ad93d2b6095e9d8d99535f1e27@teran ews,
"Mary" wrote:

Does your cat like tummy rubs?

Ding, when he is not dashing about, adores them. Emphatially tummy, not
chest.

Rhonda likes chest, not tummy rubs,

Mr. Clark is generally unenthusiastic, but can decide to enjoy them when
sleepy and stretched out.