Kitty Farmcat missing

Old August 10th 04, 02:03 AM
Christina Websell

"m. L. Briggs" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:22:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Dear all

Yesterday when I got up, Kitty FC was not in the house for her breakfast

as
usual, but there was still some food in the dishes and it was obviously
going to be a very hot day, so I thought maybe she just out sunbathing
somewhere. She had not returned by 1 pm when I had to leave for a family
luncheon and I returned about 7.30pm. She was still not in the house, so

went out looking and spotted her crouched in a neighbour's driveway. I
spoke to her and she gave me the silent miaow.

It had been one of the hottest days of the year, near 90F, so I didn't

worry
that she obviously would prefer it outside to be a bit cooler.
However she was still not in the house this morning, and it was

absolutely
pouring with rain. This is not like her at all. Any rain and she is
straight in curled up on her cushion on the back of the settee.

I went to the neighbours where I last saw her and asked her if she had

seen
Kitty and she said "not since last night when I went to the outside

toilet
at midnight and saw her in the yard."
I searched all morning for her in the pouring rain, in my sheds, in my
neighbour's sheds and greenhouses and couldn't find her.
Then my neighbour called "HERE SHE IS!" and I rushed over to get her.

She
was crouching near their house and she looked ill. I picked her up and

she
purred but it was obvious she was really sick. She felt limp and cold.
I rushed her to the vets, her temperature is subnormal and they are not

sure
what is wrong yet. We are waiting for blood test results and she is

still
in hospital. Early blood tests came through renal & liver function okay,
glucose up (sign of a stressed cat, apparently) and they need more
far-searching ones and another reassessment in the morning. Maybe xrays
and/or body scans.
Please keep your fingers crossed for her. She is one sick kitty and I

love
her. I don't want to lose her.
Serves me right for posting about my favourite things about her -

tempting
fate..

Tweed

Sending lots of purrs that the Vets will be able to cure your kitty.
I hope she didn't get into leaking radiator fluid. When (and if) she
recovers, please consider making her a housecat. Best wishes.

Thank you all for your kind wishes about Kitty.
Kitty has been a housecat for a couple of years now, in that she has access
to the house all the time and indeed she spends a lot of time inside,
especially in the winter in front of the woodburner.
Old habits die hard, though.
She chose to live totally outside for around 7 years. She liked it. She
would mouse and rat about the place and sleep in one of the toolsheds and I
fed her twice daily.
Quite a nice life really for a cat that likes to hunt. As she got older,
she has come into the house more, for comfort, but it would not be fair to
confine her totally to the house, because she chose
to be a farmcat herself.
She had a home, and left it to live here, choosing outside here rather than
inside there.

I shall ring the vets in the morning and see if she survived the night.
Update to follow.

Tweed

Old August 10th 04, 03:07 AM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 22:22:38 +0100, "Christina Websell"
yodeled:

Dear all

her. She
was crouching near their house and she looked ill. I picked her up and she
purred but it was obvious she was really sick. She felt limp and cold.
I rushed her to the vets, her temperature is subnormal and they are not sure
what is wrong yet. We are waiting for blood test results and she is still
in hospital. Early blood tests came through renal & liver function okay,
glucose up (sign of a stressed cat, apparently) and they need more
far-searching ones and another reassessment in the morning. Maybe xrays
and/or body scans.
Please keep your fingers crossed for her. She is one sick kitty and I love
her. I don't want to lose her.
Serves me right for posting about my favourite things about her - tempting
fate..

Tweed

Poor sweet kitty. Don't blame yourself.
Powerful PURRS

Theresa

Old August 10th 04, 03:07 AM
Christine Burel

Big healing purrs for Kitty FC coming from us!
Christine, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker

Old August 10th 04, 04:54 AM
badwilson

Many purrs for Kitty FC coming your way from Thailand. Hopefully it's just
a bit of exposure and she'll be fine soonest.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered