PING: -L

Old November 30th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default PING: -L

What I say here doesn't need to be spread all over other newsgroups.

Jill

Old November 30th 06, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
cybercat

Default -L

"jmcquown" wrote in message
What I say here doesn't need to be spread all over other newsgroups.

lol

Jill. This is USENET. The fact that you are posting anywhere in it at all
means everything you post is open to the entire online world.

You need psychological help.

If you didn't want people to know you were on food stamps, you should not
have posted that you are in a global, unmoderated forum.

Old November 30th 06, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

cybercat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

What I say here doesn't need to be spread all over other newsgroups.

lol

Jill. This is USENET. The fact that you are posting anywhere in it at all
means everything you post is open to the entire online world.

You need psychological help.

If you didn't want people to know you were on food stamps, you should not
have posted that you are in a global, unmoderated forum.

I agree. Posting on Usenet is broadcasting to the world. It's never like
talking to a group of friends privately.

You have to pretend that everyone you know will read it -- your boss,
your mother, your neighbor, your plumber, etc., because they can do so
easily.

Rhonda

Old November 30th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Rhonda wrote:
cybercat wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message

What I say here doesn't need to be spread all over other newsgroups.

lol

Jill. This is USENET. The fact that you are posting anywhere in it
at all means everything you post is open to the entire online world.

You need psychological help.

(Piggybacking on Rhonda's post, sorry Rhonda)

No, the people who feel the need to spread stuff all over Usenet are the
ones who need the psychological help.

I am perfectly aware this is a public and published forum. I'm pretty sure
I've been using computers and Usenet longer than -L since I don't have an
adopted toddler.

But you know, it's just like years ago, 1999, when my beloved dog Sampson
died and I was participating in a pet loss newsgroup. Some asshole popped
up out of nowhere on a totally different ng and started mocking my loss and
telling everyone how I'd been posting to this pet loss ng. Mocking my pain.
Mocking my situation. Mocking my pouring my heart out to people I deemed to
be compadres.

It hurt me terribly when Sampson died. It hurts me when any of my pets die.
There was absolutely no call for and no provocation for what happened but
that person found a reason to taunt me about sharing my grief on another ng.
And this was someone I had never heard of before in my life.

Again, I know we are on USENET, but I'd like to think we (at least most of
us) are ADULTS, not kiddies playing dress up and spending time on our
parents' computer. Peole who wouldn't stoop to such stupidity. Apparently
I'm wrong. There definitely are a few *children* playing around here.

Jill

Old November 30th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Rhonda wrote:
I agree. Posting on Usenet is broadcasting to the world.
It's never like talking to a group of friends privately.

You have to pretend that everyone you know will read it --
your boss, your mother, your neighbor, your plumber,
etc., because they can do so easily.

Still, just because you CAN do something (rebroadcasting a post),
doesn't mean you SHOULD. And just because locating posts is easy,
doesn't mean you should make locating potentially embarassing posts
EASIER to find.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Old November 30th 06, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Rhonda wrote:
I agree. Posting on Usenet is broadcasting to the world.
It's never like talking to a group of friends privately.

You have to pretend that everyone you know will read it --
your boss, your mother, your neighbor, your plumber,
etc., because they can do so easily.

Still, just because you CAN do something (rebroadcasting a post),
doesn't mean you SHOULD. And just because locating posts is easy,
doesn't mean you should make locating potentially embarassing posts
EASIER to find.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Thank you, Mark. I'm not embarrassed about having to ask for help. But I
didn't mention it in the other newsgroup and there was absolutely no reason
for -L to do so. We don't agree on a number of things, hence we don't like
each other. Still no reason to go remarking on another ng about something I
told you wonderful, loving cat people This group is the greatest!

I find it hard to believe, in light of her actions, that she actually cares
about cats. But that's not up to me to judge.

Persia is eyeing the firewood I brought inside yesterday. The temps are
supposed to drop drastically tomorrow, starting out in the mid-60's
farenheit and then dropping to the 40's during the day. A huge storm front
is supposed to move in, the one which was creating snow and ice all over the
pacific northwestern U.S. and is now down into Missouri and Kansas and even
parts of Texas last time I checked. It's headed my way overnight tomorrow.

For this -L said I could use my food stamps. Heh, won't even get the card
in the mail until probably Friday of next week. She doesn't know how to
read for context, apparently. It was a jibe, pure and simple, and totally
uncalled for.

Persia will be safe and warm as will Peaches. I've got plenty of food for
both of them and I can cook on a grill (sure can!) or even in my fireplace
with my cast iron cookware if needed.

-L has no business spreading anyone elses business everywhere, Usenet or
not.

Jill

Old November 30th 06, 04:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Rhonda wrote:

I agree. Posting on Usenet is broadcasting to the world.
It's never like talking to a group of friends privately.

You have to pretend that everyone you know will read it --
your boss, your mother, your neighbor, your plumber,
etc., because they can do so easily.

Still, just because you CAN do something (rebroadcasting a post),
doesn't mean you SHOULD. And just because locating posts is easy,
doesn't mean you should make locating potentially embarassing posts
EASIER to find.

No, it doesn't mean you should repost at all, but it you shouldn't be
surprised when your personal info pops up all over the place.

(By the way -- love that folk song "Don't Should on me and I won't
Should on You..."

Rhonda

Old November 30th 06, 04:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

jmcquown wrote:

For this -L said I could use my food stamps. Heh, won't even get the card
in the mail until probably Friday of next week. She doesn't know how to
read for context, apparently. It was a jibe, pure and simple, and totally
uncalled for

Hi Jill

It definitely was a jab, and I don't know why -- I don't know the
history between the two of you. Maybe you could safeguard the ammo? How
much of your personal challenges you reveal is up to you, but people can
get pretty heartless on usenet. Sometimes divulging your personal and
private details is like handing the other person a gun.

Rhonda

Old November 30th 06, 04:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message

Rhonda wrote:
[...]

Fortunately most adults see anyone sharing something of that nature outside
of where the person it involves shared it with friends as the childish
attention seeking crap that it is.

(At least I think that sentence makes sense)

Programs such as food stamps are in place for a reason. I'm glad that here
anyone using "stamps" just uses a card like anyone else at the cashier.
Gives the nosy biddies who feel the need to check up on them a chance to get
some rest.

Jo

Old November 30th 06, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

No cluons were harmed when Rhonda wrote:
(By the way -- love that folk song "Don't Should on me and I won't
Should on You..."

Grin.

I had a friend who hated when people told her "you must do this" or
"you must do that". She referred to it as "musterbation" and said that
just like its counterpart, it only brought gratification to one person
and disgust to everyone else (evil grin).

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request