Cat Moves dishes!!?

Old December 11th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
eightzmusic

Default Cat Moves dishes!!?

I cannot understand why my 1 year old calico, S'mores, has started moving her
food and water dishes around the room?? She mainly does it with the water
dish and gets water everywhere. What is she trying to tell me??
Anyone? Thanks,
Jenn

Old December 11th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew

That she is a cat and in charge

Put some sticky pads down you can get them at any dollar store

Old December 11th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:21:23 +0000, eightzmusic wrote:

I cannot understand why my 1 year old calico, S'mores, has started moving her
food and water dishes around the room?? She mainly does it with the water
dish and gets water everywhere. What is she trying to tell me??
Anyone? Thanks,
Jenn

Cats have difficulty seeing water. She moves the dish so the water will
ripple and then she can see it. That is why I put one water dish in the
bath tub and another in the shower stall. I also have a Petsmate fountain
but she hasn't been using that lately. Her preference is a small stream
of running water in the washbasin. MLB
Old December 11th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Eva Quesnell

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Matthew wrote:

That she is a cat and in charge

Umm, that's kinda what I was gonna say -- because she can.

Put some sticky pads down you can get them at any dollar store

Or put down a big, heavy bowl that she can't move. Mine like to pick up
random items and deposit them in the water dish so that they can see where
the surface of the water is. My favorite item to see in the water bowl is
a straw. Silly cats!

Eva

Old December 11th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Richard Evans

"eightzmusic" u30141@uwe wrote:

I cannot understand why my 1 year old calico, S'mores, has started moving her
food and water dishes around the room?? She mainly does it with the water
dish and gets water everywhere. What is she trying to tell me??
Anyone? Thanks,

She understands Feng Shui, and you don't.

Old December 12th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Judy

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 11 Dec 2006 18:21:23 +0000, eightzmusic wrote:

I cannot understand why my 1 year old calico, S'mores, has started moving
her
food and water dishes around the room?? She mainly does it with the
water
dish and gets water everywhere. What is she trying to tell me??
Anyone? Thanks,
Jenn

Cats have difficulty seeing water. She moves the dish so the water will
ripple and then she can see it. That is why I put one water dish in the
bath tub and another in the shower stall.

Letting a coloured plastic top from a juice container float around in the
water bowl works well when it comes to cats being able to determine the
water level.