Update 0n Christy

Old December 27th 08, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

Default Update 0n Christy

Just checked the Caringbridge website and this has just been posted

"Allan called this morning. Christy is resting comfortably. Her
breaths per minute are beginning to decline. They continue to give her
morphine. The monitor sends an alarm when the breaths slow to below 5
per minute (I think this is correct but not positive this is what
Allan told me). Allan said the alert sounds very frequently now.
Christy was not expected to make it through last night. The doctor
told Allan that Christy has remarkable strength which Allan has known
all along. One has to have remarkable strength to have endured all
Christy has been through. Allan is convinced that Christy can hear
him.

Christy will be moved to a private room shortly.

Allan's mother (bless her) is there for both Allan and Christy. She
has been a great comfort."

Still purring

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old December 27th 08, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I have known four people who have "gone home" this time of year. It seems
to me, and I hope no one is offended, that they struggle just to get as far
away from the Holiday day as possible. My Grandmother said, "Hell with them
Doctors, I will not die on Christmas Day." She waited four days, she was 94
but it was important to this Hill Billy lady not to die on Christmas.

Continued prayers for the family.

Old December 27th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message
I have known four people who have "gone home" this time of year. It
seems to me, and I hope no one is offended, that they struggle just
to get as far away from the Holiday day as possible. My Grandmother
said, "Hell with them Doctors, I will not die on Christmas Day." She
waited four days, she was 94 but it was important to this Hill Billy
lady not to die on Christmas.

There have been studies. People do hang on for specific times to
arrive or to pass before they 'let go' when they can. And women are
much more effective at doing so then men. Of course holidays and
anniversaries are generally more important to women.

My cousin messed up, he lived until his daughters birthday (as she
asked him to, she was twelve) but didn't last the day.

And a good friend who had just had all she could stand of dialysis and
kidney trouble specifically 'scheduled' her death in early December.
She wasn't sure she could get through Christmas and didn't want to get
so close to Christmas that it was harder than need be on her family.
She took her last treatment just before Thanksgiving and then chose
not to take any more.

May whatever time remains be gentle for them all.

Jo

Old December 27th 08, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=[_4_]

Thank you Lesley for the sad update I'm thankful they are making her
comfortable.. And Bless Allan's Mom for being there with them.
Granby, I'm glad you used the term ' going home', because that's where
Christy is doing, 'going.Home" and my Mother, who went home last August will
be there to greet her, as well as Jill's Mom and Steve Touchtone's Mom, and
the other Mom's who have 'gone home'. I'm saddened that Christy has had to
go through all these horrible procedures, but she has had such a good
attitude about it. God bless her sweet soul and Bless all those who have
loved her. Her being here has made this World a better place. I'm
continuing to pray for her family.
Hugs all around
Love, in sadness
Kyla
"Granby"

Old December 27th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sat, 27 Dec 2008 10:40:57 -0800 (PST), Lesley
wrote:

[...]

Christy has been fighting so very hard, but soon she will not have to
fight any more, nor suffer anymore.

I am glad her family is with her.

How very, very sad this wonderful lady is leaving us.

I will remember for the rest of my life how she worked so very very hard
to save Miss Pua, after finding her emaciated and nearly starved to
death.

It is so very sad that wonderful people like Christy do not get to live
the full measure of their lives.

Sending purrs to Christy, and the people who love her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old December 29th 08, 11:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Dec 27, 3:27*pm, "Jofirey" wrote:

There have been studies. *People do hang on for specific times to
arrive or to pass before they 'let go' when they can. *And women are
much more effective at doing so then men. *Of course holidays and
anniversaries are generally more important to women.

Very true. My mother's dying wish was to see her baby get into
college. Two weeks after
he went in, she died.

Jane