PING: Ted Davis

Old October 25th 06, 07:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default PING: Ted Davis

I think you know what this is about....

Old October 25th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 01:19:03 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

I think you know what this is about....

Sieglinde's kittens? It's obvious she wasn't even six weeks along
when the vet said she was 6-7 weeks. They feel about big enough to be
born, so every day when I get home I expect to find a litter of
kittens on my bed.

Last night I tried to listen to their heartbeats with a stethoscope,
but Sieglinde wouldn't put up with it. On the other hand, have you
ever heard a purr through a stethoscope?

--
T.E.D. )
Remove "gearbox.maem." from address - that one is dead
Old October 25th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

I think you know what this is about....

Sieglinde's kittens? It's obvious she wasn't even six weeks along
when the vet said she was 6-7 weeks. They feel about big enough to be
born, so every day when I get home I expect to find a litter of
kittens on my bed.

Last night I tried to listen to their heartbeats with a stethoscope,
but Sieglinde wouldn't put up with it. On the other hand, have you
ever heard a purr through a stethoscope?

I've often wondered how the vet manages to hear ANYTHING,
when dealing with a cat who purrs under stress!

Old October 25th 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Ted Davis" wrote

"Pat"
wrote:

I think you know what this is about....

Sieglinde's kittens? It's obvious she wasn't even six weeks along
when the vet said she was 6-7 weeks. They feel about big enough to be
born, so every day when I get home I expect to find a litter of
kittens on my bed.

Last night I tried to listen to their heartbeats with a stethoscope,
but Sieglinde wouldn't put up with it. On the other hand, have you
ever heard a purr through a stethoscope?

No and I don't think I want to.

I need to adjust my prediction.... change to 4 kittens on this coming
Friday.

Ted, watch her teats, they might engorge 12-24 hours in advance of the birth
and that would give you some warning. And remember, since first-time moms
don't know what's going on at first, sometimes when they have the first baby
of the first litter, they are too slow to get the birth sac removed and
start stimulating the baby to breath, because meanwhile another one is being
born, so it's a good idea to be present during the birth, if you can and if
she will allow it.

Old October 25th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

wrote:

I think you know what this is about....

Sieglinde's kittens? It's obvious she wasn't even six weeks along
when the vet said she was 6-7 weeks. They feel about big enough to be
born, so every day when I get home I expect to find a litter of
kittens on my bed.

Last night I tried to listen to their heartbeats with a stethoscope,
but Sieglinde wouldn't put up with it. On the other hand, have you
ever heard a purr through a stethoscope?

I've often wondered how the vet manages to hear ANYTHING,
when dealing with a cat who purrs under stress!

It's got to be hazard to their hearing - especially with loud purrers
like my kittens.

She wasn't stressed when I listened - she was happy that I was petting
her.

Old October 25th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:43:58 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

"Ted Davis" wrote

"Pat"
wrote:

[...]

As of last night, there was no sign of engorgement - I'm checking that
regularly now.

BTW, I had my hopes up a couple of mornings ago: she was restless and
Spooky (one of her cuddle buddies) could not keep his nose out of her
butt.

Old October 25th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

wrote:

I think you know what this is about....

Sieglinde's kittens? It's obvious she wasn't even six weeks along
when the vet said she was 6-7 weeks. They feel about big enough to be
born, so every day when I get home I expect to find a litter of
kittens on my bed.

Last night I tried to listen to their heartbeats with a stethoscope,
but Sieglinde wouldn't put up with it. On the other hand, have you
ever heard a purr through a stethoscope?

I sometimes wonder how the vet hears the cats heartbeat over the purrs.
Much less the kittens.

Pam, how long did your cat wait to have kittens after you were told they
were due any day?

Jo

Old October 26th 06, 12:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:02:48 GMT, "Jo Firey"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

I think you know what this is about....

Sieglinde's kittens? It's obvious she wasn't even six weeks along
when the vet said she was 6-7 weeks. They feel about big enough to be
born, so every day when I get home I expect to find a litter of
kittens on my bed.

Last night I tried to listen to their heartbeats with a stethoscope,
but Sieglinde wouldn't put up with it. On the other hand, have you
ever heard a purr through a stethoscope?

I sometimes wonder how the vet hears the cats heartbeat over the purrs.
Much less the kittens.

Pam, how long did your cat wait to have kittens after you were told they
were due any day?

She *still* hasn't had them.

--
T.E.D. ) Remove "gearbox.maem" to get real address - that one is dead