Abelard = 6.6 lbs.

Old July 24th 08, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Default Abelard = 6.6 lbs.

I knew he had gained some because I had to loosen his harness. It was a
pleasant surprise discovering that he is back up to more than 6.5 lbs. When
he's at least 8 lbs. I will quit worrying that he's too thin. He'll need to
have that much weight to have a chance of being semi-comfortable this
winter.

Old July 24th 08, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Pat wrote:
I knew he had gained some because I had to loosen his harness. It was
a pleasant surprise discovering that he is back up to more than 6.5
lbs. When he's at least 8 lbs. I will quit worrying that he's too
thin. He'll need to have that much weight to have a chance of being
semi-comfortable this winter.

Well dang! This news just keeps getting better! Congrats to you and
Abelard!

kili

Old July 24th 08, 09:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Pat wrote:
I knew he had gained some because I had to loosen his harness. It was
a pleasant surprise discovering that he is back up to more than 6.5
lbs. When he's at least 8 lbs. I will quit worrying that he's too
thin. He'll need to have that much weight to have a chance of being
semi-comfortable this winter.

That's great news, I hope he continues to gain weight.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old July 25th 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 12:19:09 -0500, "Pat"
wrote:

I knew he had gained some because I had to loosen his harness. It was a
pleasant surprise discovering that he is back up to more than 6.5 lbs. When
he's at least 8 lbs. I will quit worrying that he's too thin. He'll need to
have that much weight to have a chance of being semi-comfortable this
winter.

Wow, that seems so *light* to me, for an adult cat!

But every ounce gained is a big step in the right direction, of course.

Just keep spoiling him, unmercifully.

I know what you mean about winter! It's hard for *me* to stay warm, and
I can add more clothing.

I spoil my Kenzie with a heated bed in the winter. While I'm at work,
and at night, it's only 55F (13C) in my house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~ ^..^

- Robert Heinlein

Old July 25th 08, 07:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

"Gandalf" wrote

| Wow, that seems so *light* to me, for an adult cat!

Even when he was at his heaviest (about 10 lbs) he was the smallest adult
cat I've ever been owned by.

| Just keep spoiling him, unmercifully.

I wish he would spoil *me* just a little bit. I mean, the least he could do
would be poop in a litterbox. I've given up on getting him to use a box to
pee, and now he's stopped using them to poop, too. It's getting very
tiring.....

| I know what you mean about winter! It's hard for *me* to stay warm, and
| I can add more clothing.

Right about now I'd like to know how to get cool. It's so damned hot in my
house that I can't sleep.

| I spoil my Kenzie with a heated bed in the winter.

Aby has plenty of warm spots to sleep in winter, but as soon as he gets out
of bed he shivers like a little chihuahua.

Old July 25th 08, 07:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

I knew he had gained some because I had to loosen his harness. It was a
pleasant surprise discovering that he is back up to more than 6.5 lbs. When
he's at least 8 lbs. I will quit worrying that he's too thin. He'll need to
have that much weight to have a chance of being semi-comfortable this
winter.

That's great news. What did he weigh at his lowest (I mean, with this
illness)?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 25th 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote:

I knew he had gained some because I had to loosen his harness. It
was a pleasant surprise discovering that he is back up to more than
6.5 lbs. When he's at least 8 lbs. I will quit worrying that he's
too thin. He'll need to have that much weight to have a chance of
being semi-comfortable this winter.

Wow, that seems so *light* to me, for an adult cat!

But every ounce gained is a big step in the right direction, of
course.

Just keep spoiling him, unmercifully.

I know what you mean about winter! It's hard for *me* to stay warm,
and I can add more clothing.

I spoil my Kenzie with a heated bed in the winter. While I'm at work,
and at night, it's only 55F (13C) in my house.

Is that considered cold for inside the house on a winter night?

It gets colder here at night (down to about 10C, 50F, sometimes a little
colder) and I've never bothered to leave the heating on after I've gone to
bed. One nice thick doona (duvet, comforter) and flannelette pyjamas and I'm
toasty warm. I figure the cats, having a natural fur coat, can easily cope
with those sorts of temperatures.

I get up in the morning and turn the A/C on for an hour or so before the sun
starts coming through the northern windows and warms up the place - it keeps
the place warm all day (and sometimes we have to open up the windows, even
on winter days, because of the sun). The A/C comes back on at some point
after the sun going down, and usually stays on till we go to bed. But at the
moment, with me sitting in my flanny PJs and bedsocks (yes, such a sexy
image), I am perfectly comfortable without the A/C. Suki is curled up on the
printer (which will no doubt soon suffer the same cause of death as the two
previous ones - cat hair overload), Shadow is curled up on 'her' mat on the
kitchen floor (woe betide another cat that thinks of putting so much as a
whisker near its perimeter) and Pickle is once again shedding into the clean
laundry pile. None of them are seeking out the natural heat sources (me, the
computers, the top of the tv, top of the fish tank light, etc). I reckon its
about 13C, 55F in here at the moment.

Yowie

Old July 25th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

wrote:

[...]

Yowie- Hide quoted text -

55 would be freezing cold indoors to me. In the winter, our heat is
set at about 74
in the daytime, 70 at night.
Sherry
Old July 25th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

I get up in the morning and turn the A/C on for an hour or so before the sun
starts coming through the northern windows and warms up the place - it keeps
the place warm all day (and sometimes we have to open up the windows, even
on winter days, because of the sun). The A/C comes back on at some point
after the sun going down, and usually stays on till we go to bed.

I'm confused. You have the A/C on in the evenings in the winter??

Do you mean something different from what I mean by A/C (air conditioning,
what is used to *cool down* a house or room during hot weather)?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old July 25th 08, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message

Yowie wrote:

I get up in the morning and turn the A/C on for an hour or so before
the sun starts coming through the northern windows and warms up the
place - it keeps the place warm all day (and sometimes we have to
open up the windows, even on winter days, because of the sun). The
A/C comes back on at some point after the sun going down, and
usually stays on till we go to bed.

I'm confused. You have the A/C on in the evenings in the winter??

Do you mean something different from what I mean by A/C (air
conditioning, what is used to *cool down* a house or room during hot
weather)?

We have reverse cycle A/C, it can be set to either cool down, to warm up, to
maintain 'x' temperature, or just de-humidfy the air.

Natureally, in the last few months, I've had it set on 'warm' or 'maintain'
when its needed. Its not needed when we're all in bed, under our winter
blankets (or doonas) or during the day when the sun comes through the
northern windows and warms the place.

Yowie

--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many
pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Abelard again (pic) Pat Cat anecdotes 7 December 5th 06 08:41 AM
Abelard is gone again Pat Cat anecdotes 29 September 13th 05 05:52 PM
Oh, Abelard....!!! Pat Cat anecdotes 26 July 6th 05 04:09 AM
Abelard going to TED Pat Cat anecdotes 28 May 4th 05 12:40 AM
Abelard Says Yes Pat Cat anecdotes 4 April 28th 05 07:25 PM