AW - but with a HAPPY Ending

Old June 17th 09, 08:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default AW - but with a HAPPY Ending

Abandoned Kitten Found in Public Mailbox in Boston

The kitten they're calling "Postina" likely was stuffed Friday through a
small opening of the mailbox and dropped several feet below, according to
the MSPCA Animal Care and Adoption Center.....The MSPCA is offering
Postina for adoption after several days of nourishment and a round of
vaccinations.

Complete story includes a pic of a calico (tortie w/ white for those over
the pond) kitten... with HUGE ears!

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Old June 17th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Abandoned Kitten Found in Public Mailbox in Boston

The kitten they're calling "Postina" likely was stuffed Friday through a
small opening of the mailbox and dropped several feet below, according to
the MSPCA Animal Care and Adoption Center.....The MSPCA is offering
Postina for adoption after several days of nourishment and a round of
vaccinations.

Complete story includes a pic of a calico (tortie w/ white for those over
the pond) kitten... with HUGE ears!

Christ. At least it wasn't 12 degrees out (12 F = -11 C), like it was
when Dewey Readmore Books was stuffed into the book drop in Iowa one
January night - and somehow managed to survive in there overnight! (I
don't think I have to explain who Dewey was to *this* crowd. )

What kind of lowlife throws a kitten in a mailbox??

Sorry, it's probably a sweet story, in the end at least, but I haven't
read it yet so I'm still just plain annoyed about it.

OK, now I'm going to read the whole thing, and maybe that will cheer
me up.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old June 17th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message

Abandoned Kitten Found in Public Mailbox in Boston

The kitten they're calling "Postina" likely was stuffed Friday through a
small opening of the mailbox and dropped several feet below, according to
the MSPCA Animal Care and Adoption Center.....The MSPCA is offering
Postina for adoption after several days of nourishment and a round of
vaccinations.

Complete story includes a pic of a calico (tortie w/ white for those over
the pond) kitten... with HUGE ears!

1) What is WRONG with people? I am currently up to my armpits in ferals,
and hearing stories about human stupidity every day, it seems.

2) What a super-cutie-- LOVE the half-black face!!!

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old June 18th 09, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message

Abandoned Kitten Found in Public Mailbox in Boston

The kitten they're calling "Postina" likely was stuffed Friday through a
small opening of the mailbox and dropped several feet below, according to
the MSPCA Animal Care and Adoption Center.....The MSPCA is offering
Postina for adoption after several days of nourishment and a round of
vaccinations.

Complete story includes a pic of a calico (tortie w/ white for those over
the pond) kitten... with HUGE ears!

1) What is WRONG with people? I am currently up to my armpits in ferals,
and hearing stories about human stupidity every day, it seems.

2) What a super-cutie-- LOVE the half-black face!!!

There's a video of the little cutie he

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ed_in_mailbox/

The MSPCA is where Betty, Dot, and Buster were adopted, although
Postina is at a different branch from the one I usually go to (pics
from a couple of years ago at
http://home.comcast.net/~Takayuki9z/shelter2.html).
Old June 18th 09, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Takayuki wrote:

There's a video of the little cutie he

http://www.boston.com/news/local/mas...ed_in_mailbox/

The MSPCA is where Betty, Dot, and Buster were adopted, although
Postina is at a different branch from the one I usually go to

It looks like that is the site of the Angell Memorial Animal Hospital,
or what *used* to be the Angell Memorial. I lived in that area in the
1970s, and I used to bring my cats there - had one spayed there, years
later I had her euthanized there.

I guess the hospital merged with the MSPCA?

She didn't pee on any of the mail, which gives me the impression that
she wasn't in there all that long. And I'm happy to hear that people are
lining up to adopt her. She's very cute.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old June 18th 09, 02:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote in message
Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

[...]

Lowlife, indeed. But at least there's reasonable chance of the cat/kitten
being found quickly by the postman. I think it's akin to abandoning a baby
on the steps of a church or hospital... not that I condone that behavior,
either. But better than putting it in a rubbish bin.

Jill

Old June 22nd 09, 02:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default UPDATE: AW - but with a HAPPY Ending

Kitten Dropped in Mailbox Adopted by Postal Worker
BOSTON - A New Hampshire postal worker is getting his own special
delivery....
Postal employee George Knapp and Dani-Jean Stuart have adopted the
two-pound, 8-week-old kitten that was dropped in a public mailbox in
Boston.

[...]

TW but a happy ending CATherine Cat anecdotes 9 March 19th 07 04:22 AM
A Happy Ending (AW) Magic Mood Jeep© Cat anecdotes 8 December 31st 05 05:35 AM
One happy ending Karen Cat anecdotes 6 September 21st 05 01:34 AM
Happy ending dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 65 September 8th 04 12:37 AM
Cat Fed-Exed--Happy Ending! Mary Cat health & behaviour 6 May 11th 04 10:29 PM