Capt. Midnight -- Monday Night Update

Old December 20th 05, 06:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Default Capt. Midnight -- Monday Night Update

I would do the exploratory and hope for the best.

Beverly
"ChildFree23" wrote in message
nk.net...
Capt. Midnight was discharged from the emergency TED and went to the
regular TED. To refresh everyone's memory, he's been throwing up since
Saturday, the barium was able to pass through the large intestine, and
both TED's found a mass by palpation. The emergency TED thought it was an
intestinal blockage. The regular TED seems to think it could be something
else, and thinks it could be advantageous to do an exploratory to see if
it's something that can be remedied. If it can't be fixed, we'll help him
to the Bridge.

Now for the ultimate question: If it were your cat, would you help him to
the bridge without doing the exploratory, or would you do the explorator
and if it's something that can't be fixed then ask the vet not to wake him
up?

Meowmie Debby
With MMS

Old December 20th 05, 06:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

I think you might always wonder, unless you did have the exploratory done.
And we tend to hold on for the littlest ray of hope.
Our thoughts will be with you both, and with your family and his sisfurrz.

Sylvia

"Gabrielle" wrote in message
If it were me, I'd opt for the exploratory. It sounds like that's the
way you're leaning and I'd say follow your heart.
Purrrrrrs are heading your way.
Gabrielle

Purrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrum
Prrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrrrumpurrrrrrrum
Purrrrrrrrrrrpurrrrrrpurrrrrrrr
Ralph, Fred, Clyde, Ned, Alice, & Jane

Old December 20th 05, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Meowmie Debby,

Weze no how hard dis decision is, an we is purrin ar harts out fur Capt
Midnight an you cuz weze wants effurrybody not to be hurtin.

PurrsPURRSpurrsPuRrSPurrsPURRSpurrsPuRrS
PurrsPURRSpurrsPuRrSPurrsPURRSpurrsPuRrS
PurrsPURRSpurrsPuRrSPurrsPURRSpurrsPuRrS

Frieda, Snowflake, Booker and Chappy

Old December 20th 05, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Debby,

I wish I had something more to offer to you. Know that Boogie and I are
with you, purring and sending our best love and energy to you ALL.

Anti Shadow (with MMS) and Boogie da Purrin HarpurrCat (callin on Bast)

Old December 21st 05, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

[...]

Awww. we thot tha Capt. was out ov trouble. It does
sound like
he's not havin a gudgud time. It all depends on the quality of
life he has, I think. I'fn da "tunas" are not a problem then
we
think he's best off wif da sergery, but der's a chance dat it
cannot be fixed ennyway, as you know. So if he's just goin ta
be
throwin up and gettin weaker an can't be helped, then we thinks
he
is probably ready fur a trip to da bridj. It's your choice an
da
TED can advise you about his condition. It'd be nice if they'd
let you hold him when he's anethetized fur da operashun. That
way
he knows he's not alone, and if he might not come back, he'll
have
an easier trip we finks. But we duzn't know fur shure.

Thanks. We've decided to go ahead with the exploratory. My mom
is going to push to be there for the anesthesia, in the event
that whatever's ailing the Captain is not fixable and she
requests that the vet not wake him up from the anesthesia.

You do da bestest you can and it will be alright.
We'z purrin real hard dat effurry fing will be OK and
dat da TED
can fix dat lump. Our thots and our hearts are wif you.

We are doing the best we can. I've been crying (mind you, it
takes a cat-tastrophe to make me do that), my mom's been talking.
I've promised not to call from work on my lunch brea, in the
event it's not good news and I fall apart, and my mom has
promised not to call me at work for the same reason.

Fangu for your purrs & kind thoughts.

Debby

Old December 21st 05, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Capt. Midnight is a relatively young senior citizen cat, only 12.
We estimate he was around 2 when we found him ten and a half
years ago and have had him ever since. My mom, a retired vet
assistant, is going to push to be the one who holds him when he
is put under for the surgery so if it turns out to be the worst,
she will be the last sensory experience he ever had.

Fangu.

Meowmie Debby

"Stormmee" wrote in message
This is what we did for Miss Violette, If you spend time with
him before the
surgery, expect he will go to the bridge then if he is able to
be helped you
can be happy, if not, doing the exploratory lets you know for
sure and you
know you did everything you could, I am so sorry you had to
face this, I am
crying for you and me both, Soft and her house...

Old December 21st 05, 03:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community

Thanks, Johanna. We've decided to go ahead with the exploratory,
because if it is "the worst" we'll want to know what caused it.

Debby

"FurrsomeThreesome" wrote in message
oups.com...
Awww, Debbie... I'm so sorry to hear this (got MMS too).

Nobody can tell you what to do, but this is the kind of choice
I had
with Lenny.

We opted for the exploratory, because Lenny was still so bright
and
alert and active. If you remember my story then, well, Lenny
went to
the Bridge that day, but I was satisfied we had done what we
could and
I had "an answer" rather than just wondering what got into my
old guy.
I can't say what I'd do if there's a next time, it depends on
so much.
With Lucy we didn't do a surgery, she so obviously had large
belly
tumours it was probably too late. Maybe the Captain has
something
contained, though. One reason we opted for the surgery is my
vet
thought the absence of something clear on the ultrasounds and
radiographs and cytology samples might mean it was something
contained
and reparable.

Whichever you choose, warm thoughts and purrs go with you. I
agree
with Fred, too, though - ask if you can stay with him while
he's
sedated for the surgery. That was the one thing I regret with
Lenny,
that I let him see me walking away to leave him - with our
wonderful
caring vet and techs, mind you - but he knew I left him and he
called
after me. Stay with him and let him know everyone will do
their best
for him.

So sorry -

Johanna, missing all my kitties so badly...