Stray Wild Cats

Old April 8th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
DanaD

Default Stray Wild Cats

We live in a normal housing area. One where most pets are fed and well
cared for. There is a limited supply of wild food for a stray cat. I am
an avid cat lover. I have three inside cats who are treated like our kids.
My problem is, I have three wild females outside who are continuously
producing kittens. We have tried not feeding them, but when I know one has
had a litter, my heart breaks and I have to know she and the babies are
fed. This is creating a huge problem, as can be expected. I am surrounded
by yard cats and they are wild. One tried to jump on my back when I was
retrieving her kittens to find homes. Last summer we had over 22 kittens
born in our yard. There just are not enough homes for all these cats.
Everyone says to just quit feeding them, but they are hungry and cannot
find food in this type of setting. What can I do? I talked with the Vet
and even said I would pay if she would put them down, if I caught them. If
they are just spayed, they still have to eat. She said it was against the
law to put them down or hurt them in anyway. Which I would never do
anyway. But, I need help. Anyone have an answer? If there was a safe,
humane way to let them just go to sleep, I could stop all these new
babies, who are just going to starve, get hit by a car or hurt by another
person. Help Please!! I hate the thought of them being hurt by people or
kids. The poor things have no one to help them. Is there a way out of this
mess? Believe me, I have asked everyone I can think of and gotten no
where.

Old April 8th 07, 01:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc
Ted Davis

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 20:05:44 -0400, "DanaD"
wrote:

[...]

Trap, neuter, release - then it doesn't matter if you feed them since
there will be no new kittens.

Talk with the local animal control people and the SPCA - there may
even be a TNR program already in place, or at least maybe they can
lend or rent you the necessary humane traps.

--
T.E.D. ) Remove "gearbox.maem" to get real address - that one is dead