Minnie's little surprises

Old February 17th 09, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Zorin the Lynx

Default Minnie's little surprises

My friend Jess in New York had acquired a female cat a few days before
I visited her. I noticed her nipples were huge and immediately said
"She's probably pregnant". The cat had not been named yet.

She was a small cat, quite small for an adult, so I started calling
her "mini-cat", since she hadn't been named yet. After being there a
couple of days visiting we eventually started calling her just
"Minnie" and the name stuck.

And yeah, I called it. About a week ago...

http://twu.net/~j/catlings/

Kitten fever time!!!

One of the three was born with a prolapsed anus, and the vet
recommended she be euthanized. She was too small to operate on and
would have suffered gravely if allowed to live. The other two are
healthy and doing well, though. I'm sure this page will be updated
with more photos as Jess posts them.

I just had to share!

Oh, and Lynxie is doing great. Here he is recharging via solar power.

http://zorin.org/gallery/v/randompho..._4194.jpg.html

-Z
Old February 18th 09, 12:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Zorin the Lynx wrote:

My friend Jess in New York had acquired a female cat a few days before
I visited her. I noticed her nipples were huge and immediately said
"She's probably pregnant". The cat had not been named yet.

She was a small cat, quite small for an adult, so I started calling
her "mini-cat", since she hadn't been named yet. After being there a
couple of days visiting we eventually started calling her just
"Minnie" and the name stuck.

And yeah, I called it. About a week ago...

http://twu.net/~j/catlings/

Minnie is so beautiful! She looks like a sweetie. (Most mom cats do.)
I love the little white-faced stripey kitten.

Oh, and Lynxie is doing great. Here he is recharging via solar power.

http://zorin.org/gallery/v/randompho..._4194.jpg.html

And gloriously handsome, as usual!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 18th 09, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Zorin the Lynx wrote:
[...]

Such cute little ones, and a beautiful mother. So sorry about the bitty
who didn't make it.

Oh, and Lynxie is doing great. Here he is recharging via solar power.

http://zorin.org/gallery/v/randompho..._4194.jpg.html

He's as gorgeous as ever.

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban.
In loving memory of Frank and Nikki.
Old February 18th 09, 09:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JLB

Hello! I am the Jess who is the keeper of said kitties...

Once the kittens are weaned, I really need to find another home for
them... I have too many cats here, and the landlord has complained.
Please, if you know anyone in the NYC area who would like to adopt a
pair of beautiful new kittens (or just one of them!), please let me
know... I would prefer to adopt out both together, of course. (They're
a matched set!)

They're free, of course, though to deter vivisection traders, I will
insist that the adopter pay for spaying/neutering for the kittens they
adopt.

Please, spread the word. In a few weeks, it will be almost time for
the kittens to go to new homes... but I don't have a new home lined up
yet! Help me find a new home for the little bitties...

Give anyone who would be interested my gmail/Google Talk name,
'JRandomCoder'... You can email me at that name followed by
'.

And thanks! (The kitties thank you too.)

Old February 18th 09, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Zorin the Lynx wrote:
[...]

What an adorable little family. Will Jess be keeping the kittens?
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old February 18th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

JLB wrote:

Hello! I am the Jess who is the keeper of said kitties...

Once the kittens are weaned, I really need to find another home for
them... I have too many cats here, and the landlord has complained.
Please, if you know anyone in the NYC area who would like to adopt a
pair of beautiful new kittens (or just one of them!)

I can think of someone whose name *might* be on one of those kitties.

They're free, of course, though to deter vivisection traders, I will
insist that the adopter pay for spaying/neutering for the kittens they
adopt.

Smart thinking! Not to mention dog fighters looking for bait, or even
well-intentioned but impulsive folks who might not realize what they're
taking on when they decide to take home a "free kitten". Having to spend
some money usually makes one think a bit first.

Hope you find good homes for them!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 18th 09, 08:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
JLB

On Feb 18, 3:39*pm, wrote:
JLB wrote:

* Hello! I am the Jess who is the keeper of said kitties...

* Once the kittens are weaned, I really need to find another home for
* them... I have too many cats here, and the landlord has complained.
* Please, if you know anyone in the NYC area who would like to adopt a
* pair of beautiful new kittens (or just one of them!)

I can think of someone whose name *might* be on one of those kitties.

* They're free, of course, though to deter vivisection traders, I will
* insist that the adopter pay for spaying/neutering for the kittens they
* adopt.

Smart thinking! Not to mention dog fighters looking for bait, or even
well-intentioned but impulsive folks who might not realize what they're
taking on when they decide to take home a "free kitten". Having to spend
some money usually makes one think a bit first.

Yeah! Of course, the downside is it makes it much harder to find homes
for the cats.... And it's never easy. Please, if you know anyone
who could provide a good home for the new little fluffballs, let me
know.

Hope you find good homes for them!

Me too. Oh, me too.

--
Joyce * ^..^

Old February 18th 09, 11:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

JLB wrote:

I can think of someone whose name *might* be on one of those kitties.

Please, if you know anyone who could provide a good home for the new
little fluffballs, let me know.

I was thinking of a regular poster on this ng. I will let her speak for
herself, if she's up for it.

--
Joyce ^..^

Old February 19th 09, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:13:25 -0800 (PST), Zorin the Lynx
wrote:

[...]

Minnie is the most adorable feline! Her babies aren't bad either
Purrayers for the poor little one who didn't make it.