How Does He Know?

Old August 15th 11, 06:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default How Does He Know?

How does he know when I'm sad and hurting? How does he know when to
run/trip across my bedroom floor, then scrunch down with his tail in the
air, quivering, while he plans his next attack on his feather stick?
How does he know when to come and snuggle next to me and let me hold him
like a teddy bear and soak up my tears in his fur - something cats
*hate* to do, feeling trapped like that - something no other cat but
Bandit and Sammy have done... my heart cats. Strange how each time I
think she/he will be the only one... and they are the only ones, but how
is there also that much left of my heart to give, when they take so much
of it when they leave.... to give to the next one who appears just when
needed. But *HOW* does he know that he's needed????

And people wonder why we crazy cat people think cats are magical.

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old August 15th 11, 09:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

How does he know when I'm sad and hurting? How does he know when to
run/trip across my bedroom floor, then scrunch down with his tail in the
air, quivering, while he plans his next attack on his feather stick?
How does he know when to come and snuggle next to me and let me hold him
like a teddy bear and soak up my tears in his fur - something cats
*hate* to do, feeling trapped like that - something no other cat but
Bandit and Sammy have done... my heart cats. Strange how each time I
think she/he will be the only one... and they are the only ones, but how
is there also that much left of my heart to give, when they take so much
of it when they leave.... to give to the next one who appears just when
needed. But *HOW* does he know that he's needed????

Do you mean Archer?

Joyce

--
If an animal does something, they call it instinct. If we do exactly
the same thing for the same reason, they call it intelligence.
Old August 15th 11, 06:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/15/2011 3:38 AM, wrote:
CatNipped wrote:

How does he know when I'm sad and hurting? How does he know when to
run/trip across my bedroom floor, then scrunch down with his tail in the
air, quivering, while he plans his next attack on his feather stick?
How does he know when to come and snuggle next to me and let me hold him
like a teddy bear and soak up my tears in his fur - something cats
*hate* to do, feeling trapped like that - something no other cat but
Bandit and Sammy have done... my heart cats. Strange how each time I
think she/he will be the only one... and they are the only ones, but how
is there also that much left of my heart to give, when they take so much
of it when they leave.... to give to the next one who appears just when
needed. But *HOW* does he know that he's needed????

Do you mean Archer?

Joyce

Yep. Ben mentioned yesterday that he'd never seen a cat love anyone as
much as Archer loves me. Of course that love is mutual. ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at:
http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

Old August 15th 11, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

Do you mean Archer?

Yep. Ben mentioned yesterday that he'd never seen a cat love anyone as
much as Archer loves me. Of course that love is mutual. ;

He's so adorable. I love orange cats, and I remember how cute he was as
a kitten. And so irrepressible, to the point where he broke his leg because
he was going at 90 miles an hour. Those are some serious zoomies.

Now I'm blanking out on his brother's name, what is it, again?

Joyce
Old August 15th 11, 10:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"CatNipped" wrote in message
How does he know when I'm sad and hurting? How does he know when to
run/trip across my bedroom floor, then scrunch down with his tail in the
air, quivering, while he plans his next attack on his feather stick? How
does he know when to come and snuggle next to me and let me hold him like
a teddy bear and soak up my tears in his fur - something cats *hate* to
do, feeling trapped like that - something no other cat but Bandit and
Sammy have done... my heart cats. Strange how each time I think she/he
will be the only one... and they are the only ones, but how is there also
that much left of my heart to give, when they take so much of it when they
leave.... to give to the next one who appears just when needed. But *HOW*
does he know that he's needed????

And people wonder why we crazy cat people think cats are magical.

--

Because he is a mindreader like Boyfie.

I don't know if there is a gender difference but my boy certainly seems to
adore me more than my girl did. She could be affectionate if it suited her
but I would never trust her not to scratch me.
I don't have enough experience to say boys are nicer than girls, but my boy
would not dream of biting or scratching and when I came home from hospital
he was so thrilled he could not stop rubbing his face on mine, headbutting,
purring up a storm with his tiny purr and touching my face with his paw very
gently like he could not believe I had come back after 3 weeks.

Tweed

Old August 15th 11, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

I don't know if there is a gender difference but my boy certainly seems to
adore me more than my girl did. She could be affectionate if it suited her
but I would never trust her not to scratch me.
I don't have enough experience to say boys are nicer than girls, but my boy
would not dream of biting or scratching and when I came home from hospital
he was so thrilled he could not stop rubbing his face on mine, headbutting,
purring up a storm with his tiny purr and touching my face with his paw very
gently like he could not believe I had come back after 3 weeks.

That is so sweet!

Joyce

--
- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
Old August 15th 11, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

wrote in message
[...]

I've had a lifetime of experience with cats and I do find the boys more
affectionate than the girls. Female cats are normally the providers,
the "adults" who have responsibilities, boys tend to be babies their
whole lives (a bit like men - LOL - "the only difference between men and
boys are the cost of the toys")

Old August 16th 11, 12:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I don't know if there is a gender difference but my boy certainly seems
adore me more than my girl did. She could be affectionate if it suited
her
but I would never trust her not to scratch me.
I don't have enough experience to say boys are nicer than girls, but my
boy
would not dream of biting or scratching and when I came home from
hospital
he was so thrilled he could not stop rubbing his face on mine,
headbutting,
purring up a storm with his tiny purr and touching my face with his paw
very
gently like he could not believe I had come back after 3 weeks.

That is so sweet!

It's amazing as he'd gone half feral a few years before.
It took me 3 months to get him inside the house to eat. He was a lost boy,
had been a pet with his posh collar.
He has such a great life now. If I was a cat I wish I was him.
He can go outside safely in front of the house ( not much traffic)
Behind the house is acres where he is safe to hunt and he does now and again
bring me a mowsie.
I got one yesterday. I waited until he was outside elsewhere and I put it
in the bin. He did not know.
Tweed

Old August 16th 11, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

In ,
CatNipped typed:
How does he know when I'm sad and hurting? How does he know when to
run/trip across my bedroom floor, then scrunch down with his tail in
the air, quivering, while he plans his next attack on his feather
stick? How does he know when to come and snuggle next to me and let
me hold him like a teddy bear and soak up my tears in his fur -
something cats *hate* to do, feeling trapped like that - something no
other cat but Bandit and Sammy have done... my heart cats. Strange
how each time I think she/he will be the only one... and they are the
only ones, but how is there also that much left of my heart to give,
when they take so much of it when they leave.... to give to the next
one who appears just when needed. But *HOW* does he know that he's
needed????
And people wonder why we crazy cat people think cats are magical.

Thats because they *are* magical. Magic, in this case being defined as
something that can't easily be explained iwth current scietific knowledge.

Whilst I don't believe in 'Auras' as such, the physical body radiates
diferent forms of energy at different frequencies (sound, electromagnetic,
perhaps even some nuclear-type radiation at very low levels), as well as
putting out scents and other molecules into the atmosphere. Us huamns aren't
made to notice such things, although one could argue that at subconcious
level, we might notice at least some of these subtle changes. Cats, on the
other hand, are made up to notice *different* things - their world is not a
world of sight so much a world of sound and scent. Who knows what they pick
up on? Sometimes I think it depends on the bond that exists between animal
and human, other times... well, I don't know.

Its easier just to accept it as magic, than even try to explain it in a cold
and scietintific manner, although the geek in me really does want to know
what it is!

Yowie