Dark and stormy day

Old May 29th 11, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default Dark and stormy day

Need I say more?. TuTu refuses to leave the heat register and I'd like
one too. The cold will help delay the expected flooding but the rain
will only add to the problems. Next week should bring some heat. MLB
Old May 29th 11, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

wrote:
On May 29, 11:39 am, MLB wrote:
Need I say more?. TuTu refuses to leave the heat register and I'd like
one too. The cold will help delay the expected flooding but the rain
will only add to the problems. Next week should bring some heat. MLB

TuTu knows where the comfort is. From what they predict she will be
able to
get outside in warmth after the weekend; here we have improved to only
evening and night thunderstorms - no biggie - so Snag is now out, like
the
day before, on his deck chairs in sunshine, and Mom will fold it all
up and
stack securely in corners toward darkening skies this evening...again.
I heard SLC was threatened with flooding and just fouind it hard to
believe, but here they are warning smaller cities along the path of
moountain
melting snow runoff to prepare for possible flooding (nothing on the
scale
of what we see on tv these days). As for us, no sweat: our condo
complex
sits at the apex of a *hill*; the "flood plains" are more toward the
foothills
(Boulder, where there is a big footrace today).

FYI Hard to believe flooding after so many years of draught. There
are three creeks that go through or near downtown: City Creek, Red
Butte Creek and Millcreek. They are now lined with sandbags to keep
flooding to a minimum. New catchbasins have been built in the shape of
"parks" which will also help. Those creeks flow into the Jorden river
which goes to the Great Salt Lake. There is a tremendous amount f snow
in the mountains that will soon need somewhere to go.
Old May 30th 11, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

MLB wrote:

Need I say more?. TuTu refuses to leave the heat register and I'd like
one too. The cold will help delay the expected flooding but the rain
will only add to the problems. Next week should bring some heat. MLB

What's the elevation of SLC? Do you usually have weather this cold in
late May?

Joyce

--
Taxes: Money you complain about giving the government, to pay for
services whose absence you would complain about.
Old May 30th 11, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On May 29, 8:14*pm, MLB wrote:
wrote:
MLB wrote:

* Need I say more?. *TuTu refuses to leave the heat register and I'd like
* one too. * The cold will help delay the expected flooding but the rain
* will only add to the problems. *Next week should bring some heat.. * *MLB

What's the elevation of SLC? Do you usually have weather this cold in
late May?

Joyce

elevation: *4330 ft. *The swimming pool in this condo usually opens on
Memorial day -- not this year. *

Same here. The pool usually opens in May. June is almost here, and the
pool is not quite ready yet. It is too cold to swim. Lounging
by the pool in the sun is not an option either as we have so much
rain.
At least the forecast is for a sunny day tomorrow. One can always
hope.

Sometimes we need air conditioning in
April and May -- not this year -=- the furnace is still on.

At least I don't need AC or the heat. Save on my hydro bill.
Just wish the rain will stop so I can go out or a walk.

*The news
just stated this is probably the wettest May in history. *Like I have
said before, we have two kinds of weather: * too hot and too cold. *And
another storm is *forecast for tonight. *This has been *most unusual
weather even for SLC.

Old May 30th 11, 07:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Judith Latham wrote:
In article
,
Winnie wrote:
On May 29, 8:14 pm, MLB wrote:
wrote:
MLB wrote:
[...]

I know I'm showing my ignorance here but where is SLC Please?

The weather here in Central England has been so cold we've had the heating
on. A friend at work who has an elderly cat, Cookey, has been putting her
heating on as she comes out to work because Cookey has been sitting
shivering and looking at her with those pleading eyes.

Judith

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA -- home of the wonderful 2002 Olympics.
It is still a cold stormy day today. Best wishes for Spring to hurry up
and make an appearance. MLB
Old May 30th 11, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Winnie

On May 30, 2:36*pm, MLB wrote:
Judith Latham wrote:
In article
,
* *Winnie wrote:
On May 29, 8:14 pm, MLB wrote:
wrote:
MLB wrote:
[...]

We are having a warm sunny day today at 25C (77F). I wore my sandals
for
the first time this year. Could have worn shorts.
Looking forward to relaxing by the pool soon.
Old May 30th 11, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Judith Latham wrote:
In article , MLB
wrote:
Judith Latham wrote:

[Snip]

The news
just stated this is probably the wettest May in history. Like I
have said before, we have two kinds of weather: too hot and too
cold. And another storm is forecast for tonight. This has been
most unusual weather even for SLC.
I know I'm showing my ignorance here but where is SLC Please?

The weather here in Central England has been so cold we've had the
heating on. A friend at work who has an elderly cat, Cookey, has been
putting her heating on as she comes out to work because Cookey has
been sitting shivering and looking at her with those pleading eyes.

Judith

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA -- home of the wonderful 2002 Olympics. It
is still a cold stormy day today. Best wishes for Spring to hurry up
and make an appearance. MLB

Thank you for that.

It's raining again today but is due to improve as the week goes on. We had
two very warm and dry weeks a few weeks ago, I think that might have been
our summer.

Judith

Two weeks sounds great. We had two days. There is still a tremendous
amount of snow in the mountains waiting to turn to water. And it
usually happens without notice. One good thing: the reservoirs are
full as opposed to many years of scarce water. Best wishes. MLB
Old May 30th 11, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
---MIKE---

Today is beautiful. Sunny, warm and less humid. After a week of
forecast showers and thunderstorms this is welcome. The hummingbirds
are busy at the feeders.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old May 30th 11, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Judith Latham wrote:

I know I'm showing my ignorance here but where is SLC Please?

Sorry about that! SLC = Salt Lake City, Utah. I didn't realize until
recently that the area had any significant elevation.

The weather here in Central England has been so cold we've had the heating
on. A friend at work who has an elderly cat, Cookey, has been putting her
heating on as she comes out to work because Cookey has been sitting
shivering and looking at her with those pleading eyes.

Awww. I would definitely leave the heat on for that cat, too.

Joyce

--
Loneliness is comforted by the closeness and touch of fur to fur,
skin to skin, or -- skin to fur. -- Paul Gallico