What Can I Do To Help This Cat?

Old November 21st 03, 08:37 PM
Sherry

I presume that your are debating whether or not pet cats are hit by cars.

No. I am debating whether or not *you* have the right to slam another poster
for letting their cats out. You don't.

(snipped)
It appears that you are implying that cats can: read street
signs,
tell the difference between red & green traffic lights, carry guns, bats and
grenades to fend off dogs/animal/human predators and have understood consumer
warnings against drinking leaking antifreeze/coolant or eating poison and
dying
in a horrible, painful way.

Where did I imply that? Find the post and re-paste it, please.
What I *am* implying, is that you don't know squat about how other people live.
My cats go outdoors. I am *blessed* to live in an area that is relatively
risk-free--but I *do* trade human convenience to live here. Your anecdotes
about guns, dogs, neighbors, traffic, antifreeze, abusive humans, poison, bats,
grenades, (?), predators, etc. don't apply to everyone. I believe cats
benefit from time outdoors, but at the same time, I realize it isn't possible
for everyone and compromises can be made so that it isn't necessary for a cat
to go out to be happy. I don't criticize your decision to keep your cats in. I
assume you're a responsible pet owner who has carefully weighed the risks of
the area *you* choose to live in and that you likewise offer the cat a
stimulating environment indoors.

Sherry