Am I to fussy?

Old August 20th 04, 08:24 AM
Sherry

When I say rural I mean there are no city's around here, but lots of
cars on the road. Plus, to many people get cat/kittens something happens
that they don't like and the cat goes out. Then more cats are born or
the cat/kitten is killed on the road.
I DO NOT want any cat/kitten that comes from my house left outside, it's
just to dangerous.
I was getting grocerys one day, had lots of cat food and the lady there
said, "oh I had a cat once, she got mad at me and started peeing right
in front of me, I put her outside, don't know what happened to her after
that" I told her maybe it had a UTI and that was the problem, she said,
"oh no it was just mad at me" I wanted to strangle her!!!
The shelter's around her are FULL of cats and mostly put them down.
There are NO no-kill shelters here, so I just have to do the best I can
for the babies.

I got these kittens when their mother was killed on the road, she was a
stray, I took her 3 week old kittens in, worried about them fed them and
loved them, and only want the very BEST for them,

And would appreicate prayers for them the very best of homes,

Thank you,

Aimee

I think Alison's post rings very true. There are *so* many things to consider.
Homing a cat is an awesome responsibility. And just because someone says
they'll keep it indoors doesn't necessarily make them a good prospective
adoptor. Overall cat ownership attitude is far more important. Suppose the cat
scratches the furniture....is the new owner going to kick it out, declaw it, or
seek a way to train it? Suppose it gets ill....is New Owner one of those "Oh, I
can't afford vet care" types? There are a ton of issues to consider.

Sherry