Angel *Likes* the Spray Bottle--So Now What?

Old July 28th 05, 07:23 AM

Default Angel *Likes* the Spray Bottle--So Now What?

Can a 9-week-old kitten be incorrigible?

What do I do now, buy a Super Soaker?

NEVER seen anything like it. She thinks it's a game, runs full-force
into the mist, runs around the room, then back up at the spray bottle.

She is a curtain climber, a leg climber, a plant digger, and a toe
biter. She isn't a counter-jumper, but that's just because she can't
jump that high. She hasn't learned the art of Toilet Paper Shredding or
Trash Digging yet.

My legs, hands and neck look like I've been trying to prune cactus. And
I don't let her do it, either. I quit wearing jewelry, which helps with
the neck thing.

She attacks the broom and isn't one bit afraid of the Big Sucky
Monster. She runs to the door at the sound of the doorbell to see who's
new she can terrorize.

She already knows she can walk all over the other cats and they wo't
hurt her, except Bootsie, who has become an excellent babysitter. All I
have to do is let Bootsie in the room, and she is still and quiet as a
little mouse.

Then all of a sudden, she FALLS down and goes sound asleep, sometimes
in the middle of the floor. We call it her "power nap", because in 10
minutes, she's at it again, and worse than before.

I have *never* seen anything like her!

Sherry

Old July 28th 05, 08:24 AM
Exocat

wrote
Can a 9-week-old kitten be incorrigible?
NEVER seen anything like it. She thinks it's a game, runs full-force
into the mist, runs around the room, then back up at the spray bottle.
She is a curtain climber, a leg climber, a plant digger, and a toe
biter. She isn't a counter-jumper, but that's just because she can't
jump that high. She hasn't learned the art of Toilet Paper Shredding
or
Trash Digging yet.

"The female of the species is more deadly than the male" (R Kipling,
1911)

There's a reason I've opted for another boy :-)
But I'm not expecting the furniture or curtains to live long. The TP and
other movables have been hidden and a big new Playcentre built.

Once you've done what you can you batten down the hatches and prepare
for a stormy ride.

Purrs that little Angel soon grows into her name.

Gordon & the TT (FF tomorrow!)

Old July 28th 05, 01:57 PM
CatNipped

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Sounds like Sammy - which is why one of her nicknames was Satan's Little
Helper! Sammy's 15 months old now and the only thing that has changed so
far is her size and the amount of destruction she can leave in her wake.
I'll let you know when she stops being, well, "Sammy". ;

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 28th 05, 04:32 PM
Christine Burel

Sherry, sounds like she's ruling the roost! Would love to see some piccies
of her running in the mist. It seems like she likes to be the center of
attention so maybe try the time-out for 10 minutes bit?
Christine
ups.com...

Old July 28th 05, 04:47 PM

Christine Burel wrote:
Sherry, sounds like she's ruling the roost! Would love to see some piccies
of her running in the mist. It seems like she likes to be the center of
attention so maybe try the time-out for 10 minutes bit?
Christine

We tried that before the spray bottle. She was spending more time in
the bathroom than she was out of it. It just makes her worse. Like
she's got to make up for lost time. Seriously I wonder if it's because
she was an orphan and didn't have the mother's "discipline" when she
was tiny. Or if it's because she looks half-Siamese. She's not just
normal kitten ornery, she is *frantically* ornery, and never slows
down, ever, except when she plops down for a power nap. It's like
kitty-ADHD or kitty-hyperactivity. (Not making light of those two
things in children; but if there is a feline version, it really seems
to fit her)

Sherry

Old July 28th 05, 05:14 PM
Shirley B.

I'm starting to think what you just said about Siamese might be it. They
seem to have more of the devil in them. Rexie's a feral Siamese (amazingly,
the vet says altho he's feral, both parents were Siamese!)

But the cat we had years ago was a Siamese mix and could she get into
trouble! But right when you'd want to get your gun and blow her away, she'd
come and cuddle! She was a loving thing, tho kind of wild. Rexie had better
start learning to be cuddly, for his own sake!

wrote in message
oups.com...

SNIPPED

Or if it's because she looks half-Siamese. She's not just
normal kitten ornery, she is *frantically* ornery, and never slows
down, ever, except when she plops down for a power nap. It's like
kitty-ADHD or kitty-hyperactivity. (Not making light of those two
things in children; but if there is a feline version, it really seems
to fit her)

Sherry

Tiggy crossed the rainbow bridge Wendy Cat health & behaviour 19 June 11th 05 09:49 AM
Grant RIP Karen Cat anecdotes 91 March 5th 05 05:08 PM
OT - New Angel Cheryl Cat anecdotes 61 December 6th 04 03:56 AM
spray bottle alternative Nowan Cat health & behaviour 6 January 26th 04 11:23 PM
Catnip Spray m. L. Briggs Cat health & behaviour 5 September 29th 03 08:07 PM