No Pill - Different cat!

Old March 9th 04, 02:01 AM
Hans Schrøder

Default No Pill - Different cat!

Hi, all

Two weeks ago I took Tinùviel, my 2,5 years Devon Rex queen, off the Pill.
She had a litter of four beautiful kittens Nov. 2002, and after that she was
put on the Pill once a week. She is an indoor cat, but her son is living
with her and I didn't want to cause any "confusion".

Now it's decided that Tinùviel is going to have another litter, so I took
her off the Pill again. And strange things have happened...

She has become a happy cat again! She used to hiss and growl at her son when
he wanted to play, the only living creature she trusted was me. But now,
without showing any sign of being in heat, she runs around with her son
(Teti), she sleeps with him in my bed at night, and really does her best to
make a fool of herself!

I called the breeder to get an explanation to this change in behavior, and
she told me that some cats get "grumpy" when taking the Pill. She must
definitely has been among them!

Any similar experiences out there? Please let me know.

BTW, after the next litter she is going to be neutered... So I get a steady,
happy cat forever after.

--
Hans Schrøder

Old March 9th 04, 02:32 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Hans Schrøder at
wrote on 3/8/04 8:01 PM:

[...]

Is that Ovid or Ovan or soemthing like that? I've heard it isn't very good
to keep them on it, but not being up on those things I couldn't say for
sure. Lois might have some experience, but you might Google groups for the
brand name as I recall seeing people discuss it on rpch+b (health and
behaviour).

Karen

Old March 9th 04, 11:13 AM
Nanny

Is that what it is ? My Babette is a very happy, playful cat on the whole,
but sometimes she suddenly starts growling at one of the others. Maybe I
should have her neutered then.

Nanny

"Hans Schrøder" schreef in bericht

Old March 9th 04, 06:39 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Karen Chuplis
wrote:

in article , Hans Schrøder at
wrote on 3/8/04 8:01 PM:

[...]

I don't know if its the same for cats, but grumpyness from the pill can be a
sign that the progesterone levels in the pill (it can be adjusted) might be too
high.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Old March 11th 04, 06:18 PM
Stacey

"Hans Schrøder" wrote in message
[...]

There is a pill for cats????? Never knew that!

Stacey

Cat + Pill Duke of URL Cat anecdotes 2 February 1st 04 11:22 PM
Giving Pills (with a pill gun) rrb_041303 Cat anecdotes 9 September 6th 03 05:51 PM
How to Pill a Cat Angela Ryan Cat anecdotes 8 August 31st 03 04:46 PM