Things like this...

Old March 23rd 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

Default Things like this...

....are what make me crazier than usual... Our area has *one* (count
it... o-n-e) emergency vet (with a population nearing 80,000) in the
valley. I have taken more than a few babies there, to say goodbye.
They were talking about possibly closing it because they weren't
making enough. Now they know why...

/quote/

Embezzlement suspected

A Mesa County woman is suspected of taking nearly $14,000 from her
employer, Grand Valley Veterinary Emergency Center.

The veterinary center requested an audit of 2010 deposits in December
and found $13,831.26 that was supposed to be deposited on the
business’ behalf hadn’t been deposited. D R C, 51, was the employee
responsible for taking receipts to the bank, according to an arrest
affidavit.

C told a member of the board of directors at the center she had taken
some money from the business, according to the affidavit.

She was arrested Sunday by the Grand Junction Police Department on
suspicion of embezzlement

//end quote//

Her name is listed in the paper, but as she hasn't been convicted yet,
I thought it appropriate to remove her full name from the quoted
article. Here's hoping the vet can now remain open. It is very
convenient to know that we have a vet available, whenever we need one.

I hope if she is really guilty of taking all the money, that they find
a way to make her pay it all back (with interest).

Smokie Darling (Annie) - this could explain why visit (just to be
seen, it didn't include the cost of tests, meds, or the final
kindness) prices went from $55 to $94 in a year
Old March 24th 11, 04:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mischief[_2_]

On Mar 23, 9:41*am, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:
[...]

One vet clinic I worked at, the manager was a really nice woman. She
was the one that hired me and gave me a raise after I got my RVT
license...then about a year after that...we discovered she had been
writing off things...

Like exams and the dental on her own dog, she wrote off the entire
amount...whenever her dog needed a refill of her medication, she would
just take it off the shelf.

I heard about everything AFTER the fact, but i was shocked that she
had been using her managerial position to her advantage when it came
to vet care for her own pet.

It was pretty freaky...

Kristi
currently under the supervision of Mischief
Old March 24th 11, 01:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

wrote:

[...]

The woman at the emergency vet was a real shock. She was such a nice
woman, very friendly, always apologizing for the increase in fees. It
was so strange to read that she'd been doing this.

What would you like to bet that they don't reduce their prices, even
if they get the money back?
Old March 24th 11, 01:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley

On Mar 24, 1:45*pm, "Smokie Darling (Annie)"
wrote:

What would you like to bet that they don't reduce their prices, even
if they get the money back?-

Dead cert!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 25th 11, 04:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Mar 25, 2:15*am, Judith Latham wrote:
In article
,

wrote:

What would you like to bet that they don't reduce their prices, even
if they get the money back?-

Dead cert!
Lesley
Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

A certainty! Maybe they won't be putting them up for a while though.

Judith

I don't see them often, usually when a stray or feral has been
injured beyond repair (though they did send my Barnabus on his final
journey), and it's after 6:00pm. Still, it would be nice to know that
the fee *might* stay where it is. During business hours, the local
vet does the kindness for the cost of the drug and the cremation fee,
no extra for himself or the staff.

They know things Cheryl Cat anecdotes 7 January 27th 09 07:10 PM
Things are still looking up badwilson Cat anecdotes 12 July 15th 06 11:34 PM
[OT] Maybe things are looking up [email protected] Cat anecdotes 37 June 21st 06 01:02 AM
I need to know some things Mike Cat health & behaviour 9 November 11th 03 07:36 AM