Found a little kitten

Old October 7th 05, 07:22 PM
mlbriggs

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 10:08:22 +0000, Vicki wrote:

Well the vet visit went well. He de-fleaed him (yes hes a boy ) and
gave me some worming powder. Also some cream for his eyes. He has been
estimated at 4-5 weeks old and very underweight. I bought him some kitten
food and he is taking it well. Much more active now.

He is being kept apart from the dog for a few weeks until he is much
stronger and able to get away if the dog scares him.

I dont know if this will work but here is a photo...

[image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../DSC01278.jpg]

Sending heartfelt purrs that the tiny mite will make it. If ever a baby
needed a loving mama, this is it. MLB
Old October 7th 05, 10:25 PM
Beverly Orel

Glad to hear your little kitten checked out OK. You will have a lot of fun
with your little baby. Good luck!

Beverly
"FurrsomeFoursome" wrote in message
oups.com...
Awww!!! What a teeny baby. Glad to hear he got vet-checked. He may be
the baby of a stray who couldn't care for them all and abandoned the
"runt" - it happens. So glad he got found. Keep the good kitten food
coming and he'll probably perk right up.

Johanna and the (all rescued/adopted) Foursome

Old October 8th 05, 12:56 AM
Fred Williams

On $DATE , Vicki wrote:

Well the vet visit went well. He de-fleaed him (yes hes a boy
) and gave me some worming powder. Also some cream for his eyes.
He has been estimated at 4-5 weeks old and very underweight. I
bought him some kitten food and he is taking it well. Much more
active now.

He is being kept apart from the dog for a few weeks until he is
much stronger and able to get away if the dog scares him.

I dont know if this will work but here is a photo...

[image:
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../DSC01278.jpg]

Dat's almost identicle tu our little kitten, only ourz iz just a
shade or two darker an maybe a month older.
They is both furry beautiful! Fangu fur da photo it werked well.

--
Regards,
Fred.
Old October 8th 05, 04:15 AM
Sandy

Awww! Good on you for taking care of him.

Sandy, with Rebecca & Sundance nodding in agreement

Old October 8th 05, 12:45 PM

Her Royal Highness Cleopatra Silvercat wrote:
Thank you. I am taking him to the vets tonight (it was the earliest I
could get). He is now a bit more alive. Hes drinking lots of formula
milk and even had some scrambled egg last night. Hes coming out of his
box to go the toilet and his eyes are looking better as im bathing them
lots.

Hes obviously still really skinny and a little weak but I think hes
picked up really well. Its possible I may have to find him a new home
as my dog didnt seem to like him last night and we had to keep them in
seperate rooms (which really isnt practical).

Thanks for all the help

YES! Excellent news!

You might want to just give them a few days to adjust. It sometimes just
takes a few days for an existing housepet to adjust to having a new family
member. If you make sure that your dog is still getting plenty of
attention, he might settle down a bit and come to accept the kitten. Or,
you might have to rehome the kitten after all.

But now the kitten has a chance to live, thanks to you.

Yes. I once grabbed a wild kitten whose family had been killed. I
had another kitten at the time (I was about 10) and the other kitten
insisted on washing this more or less wild cat. But Frosty as we
called him when he grew up became a joyful cat... he used to love
running in the local forest and then when we rang a bell for him,
he would run home for his food.

Axel

Old October 9th 05, 03:00 AM
Stacey Weinberger

What a beautiful little kitten! And how wonderful you are for taking him in
and helping him get well!

Stacey

Old October 13th 05, 12:04 PM
Vicki Vicki is offline
Junior Member

Hes still doing well and enjoys being fussed, he still a little skittish and nervous but what can you expect! Hes had a bad start to life but is so willing to accept human contact and craves affection from me and my boyfriend. Hes happily using his litter tray after I bought some training spray for it, and it still eating well. He has 3 small meals a day, 2 meals of kitten food and 1 of dried kitten biscuits. I have now replaced the milk with water. He is already putting on weight!

My dog is getting a little better with him, but Fluffy just hides under the couch and the dog lies down and watches. I really do hope they will be ok together. Hes scratched the polysterene box that I feed my snakes in, i dont know if it was the mice or the snake that triggered it but it was so sweet to watch him! so I think its time for a scratching post.
Old October 13th 05, 05:40 PM

Vicki wrote:

Hes still doing well and enjoys being fussed, he still a little skittish
and nervous but what can you expect! Hes had a bad start to life but is
so willing to accept human contact and craves affection from me and my
boyfriend. Hes happily using his litter tray after I bought some
training spray for it, and it still eating well. He has 3 small meals a
day, 2 meals of kitten food and 1 of dried kitten biscuits. I have now
replaced the milk with water. He is already putting on weight!

Nice to hear about.

I once captured a stray wild kitten and he hid under a sideboard
for days with occasional breaks to eat and pee (they were placed
very near him). Interestingly our slightly older kitten (with
whose help I had captured him) took him under his wing and would
push him down and wash him.

When they got older they both used to go out hunting for mice
on the roofs of the hospital where we lived at the time.

Theb when we moved, they were able to enjoy a forest for
their foreys.

Axel