Thanks, again....

Old October 29th 04, 07:46 PM
Steve Touchstone

Default Thanks, again....

to everyone for the purrs. Special thanks to those who sent
contributions for the bill. The bill is not only paid in full, but
there's a $100 credit. When told that the bill was paid, the last
person who called in went ahead and gave $100 for future costs.

Like a dummy, I went ahead and brought home of whole case of the Hills
K/D that Sammy is supposed to eat. The little stinker was happy with
the switch from Iams to the K/D as long as I was bringing home a
couple cans at a time. As soon as she saw a case of the stuff come in,
she decided it was terrible stuff and turned up her nose. May just
because she wants a little variety, since she's been eating it for
almost a month, now, and when I was serving the Iams I switched
flavors every so often.

Anyway, again thanks for the financial help. Not only did you folks
pay Rocky's bill in full, but took care of the remaining balance for
Sammy, plus an extra $100. Wish I could thank contributors personally,
but many donations were anonymous, and may not recognize names from
the receipts anyway since they don't match screen names.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Rocky (RB)

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old October 30th 04, 05:30 PM
CatNipped

"Steve Touchstone" wrote in message
[...]

Well Steve, you didn't need the worry of paying the bill on top of the grief
you're feeling over Rocky. It's amazing that, what one person can't do
alone without overwhelming effort, a group of friends can do with ease.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating, in this group are the kindest,
most caring, most wonderfully awesome bunch of people I've ever known. For
those who think that all magic is gone from the world, they need only spend
a little time here with you people to know that they're wrong.

Be sure to let us know when Rocky sends you another little lost one to take
care of - you'll know from the look in his/her eyes that Rocky has shown
him/her the little shard of your heart that he brought to the bridge with
him.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old October 30th 04, 11:58 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 16:30:26 GMT, "CatNipped"
wrote:

Well Steve, you didn't need the worry of paying the bill on top of the grief
you're feeling over Rocky. It's amazing that, what one person can't do
alone without overwhelming effort, a group of friends can do with ease.

I've said it before, but it bears repeating, in this group are the kindest,
most caring, most wonderfully awesome bunch of people I've ever known. For
those who think that all magic is gone from the world, they need only spend
a little time here with you people to know that they're wrong.

Be sure to let us know when Rocky sends you another little lost one to take
care of - you'll know from the look in his/her eyes that Rocky has shown
him/her the little shard of your heart that he brought to the bridge with
him.

Like you say, this group has some of the best folks around. Course
we're missing Rocky around here something fierce. Though he was only
an official part of our family for a little over a year, he was a
neighborhood cat for the 7 years I've lived here.

LB never really warmed up to Rocky, but she's actually the one who
seems to miss him the most now that he's gone. When Rocky wanted
inside LB always let me know by going to the door. She knows Rocky
usually came home about nine, so she parks herself by the door at 8:30
and keeps watch until bedtime.

I haven't really thought about getting another cat, though if I do I
doubt that I would before I find out about my possible move. I
wouldn't want to move right in the middle of introducing a new cat
into the family. I think Sammy would accept another cat fairly easily.
OTOH, the only cat LB has ever seemed to accept is her daughter, Sam.
When she sees any of the neighborhood cats out on the patio, LB
usually charges the door and acts like she wanted to chase them off.
So, I'm not sure about LB. She didn't seem to like Rocky, but
certainly seems to miss him.

The possible move is on hold right for now. The potential landlord
changed her plans. Originally, she was going to be here for
Thanksgiving, and then leave to spend the winter in Arizona. That's
switched around, and she's already in Arizona until after
Thanksgiving, and will be back here for Christmas. I don't know how
long she'll stay, she may be planning to go back to Arizona after
Christmas.

Old November 1st 04, 12:02 PM
Jean Hobbs

Thats great Steve, had to laugh at Sammy not wanting it when you'd bought it
typical cat, Wison does that to me, as soon as I think I've found something
he
likes and bring a weeks supply home, he walks away from it..Jean.P.