Cats that heal

Old December 27th 03, 09:55 AM
andr0meda

If I have a 'funny tummy' my Xena will stay on my bed as long as I am sick.
She usually won't get food until I am OK to go downstairs, but she doesn't
seem to mind. Occasionaly, she will come close to my face and sniff. Like a
'little nurse', taking the temperature.
Andr0

"Jenny Torango" wrote in message
Our cat Raisen does a similar thing. When me or my fiancé are feeling

down,
especially painy (we've got chronic pain), or just feeling sick, she comes
to us from wherever she is in the house. She sleeps with us every night

at
the foot of the bed and when I have a nightmare, she will come up and lay

on
my stomach until I settle down.
".oO rach Oo." wrote in message
I have heard several stories and seen first hand - cats that know when

you
are hurting or sick or sad and act in ways to 'heal' you.

Last week I had my gall bladder out and a few days later, I came home

and
my
3 month old kitten, Stella got in my lap and immediately went to each of

the
four incision points ... knowing where they were through two t shirts.

She
went to each site three times in rotation, sniffing them then putting a

paw
on it. At the main cut, she gently pawed like she was clawing at the rug

or
something and then settled down and started to purr on it. I swear it

felt
better.

Has anyone heard of any research into their healing powers?

--
rach

"Hipsters - UNITE!"

---

Old December 27th 03, 03:29 PM
Steve

I don't know about healing powers, but I know for sure that a cat can sense
when you are not feeling well. Every time I get sick (Cold, etc) and I am
in bed miserable, the cats always seem to give me a little extra love and
attention.

Old December 27th 03, 07:17 PM
BarB

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 11:47:36 -0500, ".oO rach Oo."
wrote:

Has anyone heard of any research into their healing powers?

Here is a link to studies on the stress-reducing power of pets. It
sounds reasonable to assume that when you reduce stress, the body heals
more rapidly.

http://www.lifeclinic.com/healthnews...p?story=509274

BarB