Betty giving directions

Old October 19th 05, 03:53 PM
Irulan

Default Betty giving directions

Purring and praying for Betty still. She sounds happy.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
"Takayuki" wrote in message
So is Biskit, she is gesture dominant too. Remember, she is my "polite"
kitty, just like Betty.

Biskit has similar body language to Betty, too. You really wonder why
they lost their original homes.

Old October 19th 05, 03:55 PM
Irulan

My little Mimi was a "poker." If ll her attempts to get your
attention failed, she would give you a couple good pokes with her
little paw. POKE POKE.

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War

oh, Jazz was a "poker" too! And hard! When he wanted something he would just
POKE you with his paw. And he was a big cat, big paws! I miss that.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

Old October 19th 05, 05:32 PM
Marina

Kreisleriana wrote:

My little Mimi was a "poker." If ll her attempts to get your
attention failed, she would give you a couple good pokes with her
little paw. POKE POKE.

Nikki would come and sit beside my desk chair. If I didn't acknowledge
her qickly enough, or I just said hi and went back to looking at the
computer, she would touch her cold nose to my bare leg.

--
Marina, Frank, Miranda and Caliban. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old October 19th 05, 09:12 PM

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:13:43 -0400, Takayuki
yodeled:

wrote:
So is Biskit, she is gesture dominant too. Remember, she is my "polite"
kitty, just like Betty.

Biskit has similar body language to Betty, too. You really wonder why
they lost their original homes.

I wonder why just about *any* cat does. I hate to think about how I
acquired Stinky, and the idea that someone threw away such an
absolutely *amazing* cat.

My little Mimi was a "poker." If ll her attempts to get your
attention failed, she would give you a couple good pokes with her
little paw. POKE POKE.

Theresa

Heh. Frank is a face-smacker. If I'm typing he gets in my face with his
paw SMACK SMACK. If that doesn't work, he starts licking my fingers. He
wants me to kiss him on the head. Frank is such a needy cat. He will
wear you out. Maybe that's a Siamese thing.

Sherry

Old October 20th 05, 12:47 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 10:20:18 -0400, Kreisleriana
wrote:

My little Mimi was a "poker." If ll her attempts to get your
attention failed, she would give you a couple good pokes with her
little paw. POKE POKE.

That's Sammy. And if I don't respond correctly she'll add just a touch
of claw - not enough to hurst, just a prick to get my attention. LB is
more polite, she just gets as close as possible and tries to purr in
my ear. And, finally, Spotty is getting to the point where she feels
she can demand attention. Her favorite seems to be vocal, as she's a
very vocal girl with a soft squeaky voice. She's also a kneader, but
not a soft laying down and extending her paw type like Sam and LB. She
kneads standing up and tries to put her whole wieght into making
biscuits.
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old October 20th 05, 01:12 AM
Pamela Shirk

"Takayuki" wrote in message

She's going in for her chemotherapy right now. She heard me take out
her carrier, so she's trying to be a small, inconspicuous bed lump. I
just looked under the covers, and there she is with huge eyes and
trembly whiskers.

But as scared as she is of TED, she's shown impressive steel when it
comes to handling the treatments. She doesn't seem to have any side
effects so far at all!

Poor kid. The owners are sending purrs, the d-thing is sending woofs and
we're thinking good thoughts for her treatments to work and continue to be
relatively gentle for her. We were lucky, Rob's chemo was in the form of
tablets. Please give her gentle scritches from us all here and let her know
that we all admire and respect her.

Pam S.

Old October 20th 05, 03:46 PM
Charleen Welton

"Pamela Shirk" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Takayuki" wrote in message

She's going in for her chemotherapy right now. She heard me take out
her carrier, so she's trying to be a small, inconspicuous bed lump. I
just looked under the covers, and there she is with huge eyes and
trembly whiskers.

But as scared as she is of TED, she's shown impressive steel when it
comes to handling the treatments. She doesn't seem to have any side
effects so far at all!

Poor kid. The owners are sending purrs, the d-thing is sending woofs and
we're thinking good thoughts for her treatments to work and continue to be
relatively gentle for her. We were lucky, Rob's chemo was in the form of
tablets. Please give her gentle scritches from us all here and let her

know
that we all admire and respect her.

Pam S.

Pam, what a beautiful, kind and loving message for Betty. What a comfort

for Tak to know, once more,
how very much his friends love and care for him.

Pam, you are such a very special person Thank you so much for taking time
out of your very busy days to be part of our days.
Charleen

Old October 20th 05, 08:18 PM
Julie Cook

Takayuki wrote:

They let me observe her chemotherapy today, and I don't think it's an
experience that a cat would get used to over time! Two techs held her
down, and slowly injected saline, then the drug, then saline again
into her thigh. They exclaimed that Betty is always such a good and
docile patient! She only cried sadly when she was first scruffed and
had her leg extended for the needle. But they do a good job with the
chemo.

That makes me cry for Betty but I'm glad that the treatment is making
her feel better. How much longer will she have to have it? This
reminds me of a physician I met once from South Carolina. He raised bird
dogs and when I mentioned that my cats were treated with Advantage he
told me not to do that. I said, "But Dr.... it doesn't hurt them" and he
asked, "How do you know it doesn't hurt? Are they able to tell you?"
Well, I thought about this and realized whenever I applied the treatment
every one of my cats would run around the house for a few minutes. I
suppose it really does sting for awhile. I think that in that case...as
well as in Betty's case, the good outweighs the bad. We continue to send
purrs for Betty during her treatment that the bad isn't too bad and
doesn't last too long.

Julie, Hobbes, Selena, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

Old October 21st 05, 05:47 PM
Pamela Shirk

"Charleen Welton" wrote in message
m...

Pam, what a beautiful, kind and loving message for Betty. What a comfort

for Tak to know, once more,
how very much his friends love and care for him.

Pam, you are such a very special person Thank you so much for taking time
out of your very busy days to be part of our days.
Charleen

Betty is special. I'd like to have the time and energy (today I'm playing
truant due to a fever and sore throat) to send written purrs for everyone as
well as the mental purrs I ask the gang to send. However, I don't think I'm
all that special. There are a lot of people in here who work more than 8
hours a day and still find the time to come in and visit. I'm grateful for
them all as inspirations as well as friends.

Pam S.

Betty update Takayuki Cat anecdotes 29 September 26th 05 06:31 PM
Betty - possible bone cancer Takayuki Cat anecdotes 57 August 18th 05 11:54 PM
Parting with Betty Takayuki Cat anecdotes 8 January 28th 05 12:16 PM
Betty fantasy Takayuki Cat anecdotes 11 March 13th 04 09:10 PM
Video clip of Betty Takayuki Cat anecdotes 19 September 2nd 03 12:28 PM