The big move yesterday...

Old July 3rd 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

Default The big move yesterday...

Hi Good Peeps...

I had posted several weeks ago regarding moving my cats. Well, yesterday
was their big day. My furniture and everything is here (except for a ton of
my clothes I need to get still).

So... here's what's happening. One outta the four is acting like this is
his house already. My "scaredy cat" (a rescue) has surprised me b/c he's
been out and about a lot. He has already found a 'hidey hole' up in the
rafters in the unfinished part of the basement, which, to my surprise, Maui
has joined him. Maui is a Blue Point Siamese and usually very outgoing. I
brought them over yesterday afternoon and then I left and went to dinner.
When I came home, I saw 3 out of 4. Maui was the one MIA.

The litterboxes are being used, but Maui hasn't eaten... unless he did in
the middle of the night. My question is... Should I put food down in the
basement so he can eat some kitty kibble down there? Or, should I leave it
where it is so he'll have to come up for it. The food is in a quiet corner,
next to a table w/a tablecloth on it. I have showed them all where the food
is... but Maui is just soooo skeeert right now. I feel bad for him!!

Any suggestions??
--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh, and hangin' in there!*~*

Paddle together, bail, paddle; paddle, bail; paddle towards the land.
~Hawaiian proverb

Old July 3rd 06, 08:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
news
[...]

I'd probably put his food in the basement for a couple of days, then on a
stair fairly near the bottom for a couple of days, moving it up gradually
until it's with the rest. Of course if he decides to come up sooner, you
could go ahead and move it up at that time.

Joy

Old July 3rd 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in
[...]

Sure put some kibble and water down there (and a little box for him).
Poor guy is scared and it could take him a few days to get the courage
to explore. (Misty needed 3 days to get brave enough to leave the
safety of the gap behind the bed.) He'll come out and explore when
everything is quiet and before you know it, he'll be ok. Give him time.

Bobble
Old July 3rd 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

[...]

I'd leave the food where it is, so long as he's seen where
it is. When he feels less stressed, he'll eat. I dunno
about cats, but people sometimes lose their appetites when
stressed out, too (I should be so lucky - I'm one of those
who eats more, under stress).

Old July 4th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl

On Mon 03 Jul 2006 02:37:08p, ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote in
rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
(news
The litterboxes are being used, but Maui hasn't eaten... unless
he did in the middle of the night. My question is... Should I
put food down in the basement so he can eat some kitty kibble
down there? Or, should I leave it where it is so he'll have to
come up for it. The food is in a quiet corner, next to a table
w/a tablecloth on it. I have showed them all where the food
is... but Maui is just soooo skeeert right now. I feel bad for
him!!

When I moved in my house, my cats discovered the openings into
walls that I didn't know about - one is in the basement where the
walls aren't finished. My RB cat Marley found his way into that
wall and stayed there for nearly two days, but the first time I
found him out of that hole I shut the door and he found other,
safer places to hide. Yes, I'd put out food, water and a litter
box close to where Maui is hiding. And first chance, block his way
into that spot.

Congrats on your new place. Hope it's a happy place.

--
Cheryl
Old July 4th 06, 02:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

"Cheryl" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks, Cheryl and all. Update for everyone:

First of all, thanks for the suggestions. `Was sitting here early yesterday
evening, and who walks into my office here? Maui! He came in and let out a
Siamese yowl. I talked "kitty talk" to him, and then I got up and called
him into each bedroom. I sat near by and let him climb up on boxes and
chairs and sofa's, etc. He talked the whole time. Oscar, my other Meezer
joined him. They both ended up giving each other a huge bath. About an
hour later, Maui was back in my office and used the scratching post in here.
Then he ate. So, I think he's gettin' used to it. I haven't seen him this
morning, but when I went to bed last night, both he and Oscar were on the
bed asleep. Felix came in too. I have seen all four eat, and I know
they're all using the litter box.

Which leaves me with a rather odd question. If you have more than one cat,
can you identify each of their poops? I definitely can. I know it's a
strange thing to ask, but I was wondering!!!

--

Old July 5th 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

[...]

I'd leave the food for him in the basement, hopefully he'll come from
his hiding soon.
Lots and lots of calming purrs and best wishes for Maui,
Polonca and Soncek