That Darn Cat!

Old August 17th 11, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default That Darn Cat!

No, not the movie, Jessie. I swear she has super intelligence even for
a cat. She totally tried to frame Archer, and didn't succeed only
because I was watching her out of the corner of my eye while she
committed the crime.

For some reason my cats *love* my emery board. They love to lick it,
bat it around, rub themselves on it. I'm constantly reaching for it
when I have a hangnail and not finding it where I keep it because one of
the cats stole it. And then I fuss at whoever the culprit is.

Jessie seldom comes into my room - she is *totally* a daddy's girl and
never leaves his side. But the other day Ben was down here watching a
movie with me and she sauntered in.

Archer is a bit intimidated by Ben, so instead of on the bed with me he
was laying on the side of my bed next to my table. Jessie jumped up to
the table, grabbed the emery board and scooted it across the table until
she was standing over Archer and then batted it off the table to land
directly next to Archer.

Archer, finding a boon from heaven laying at his side started playing
with the emery board. Jessie ran to the edge of the table farthest from
me, ran out the room, and then ran back in the room and stood near
Archer and meowed to get my attention.

How is that for a set up? She had him totally framed! Had I not seen
what she had done (had I been absorbed in the movie as she *thought* I
would be, snicker-snicker) her crime would have gone perfectly.

To her chagrin, Archer did not get fussed at, *she* did! But then I got
fussed at by Ben for fussing at his baby and he totally didn't believe
me when I told him what she had done!

--
Hugs,

CatNipped

See the RPCA FAQ site, created by "Yowie", maintained by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.net/rpcablog/

Old August 17th 11, 12:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

LOL! What a clever little stinker!

Joy

Old August 17th 11, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"CatNipped" wrote:

[...]

But one can only be framed if one is innocent. And Archer, no matter how
well he was set up, definitely took the bait and had himself some fun.

Next time you're at the drugstore, why not pick up a small package of
emery boards? Keep one for yourself, and give the rest to Archer and co.
sounds like a cheap cat toy to me!

When I first started reading this story I was momentarily confused as to
which cat Jessie was, and I was picturing your supremely photogenic long-
white-haired goddess cat (Demi). But then you said she was smart, and that
does *not* fit with what I know about Demi.

But Jessie is one of my favorites. The ultimate domestic shorthair. She's
a calico, but still reminds me a lot of Roxy.

Joyce

--
A clean house is a sign of a broken computer.
Old August 17th 11, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/16/2011 8:31 PM, wrote:
wrote:

[...]

This is true, he was definitely enjoying himself and my emery board was
soaking wet and had quite a few more teeth marks.

Next time you're at the drugstore, why not pick up a small package of
emery boards? Keep one for yourself, and give the rest to Archer and co.
sounds like a cheap cat toy to me!

Oh I've done that, but they still all end up under the refrigerator with
the milk bottle rings and plastic coffee stirrers/straws.

When I first started reading this story I was momentarily confused as to
which cat Jessie was, and I was picturing your supremely photogenic long-
white-haired goddess cat (Demi). But then you said she was smart, and that
does *not* fit with what I know about Demi.

Definitely not, LOL. We're still not sure she even knows her own name -
look up dumb blonde in the dictionary and you'll see her picture.

Well, here, to let any newbies know who we're talking about:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...PrettyDemi.jpg

and her "dumb look" - which is how she usually looks:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...mi3/cats23.jpg

But Jessie is one of my favorites. The ultimate domestic shorthair. She's
a calico, but still reminds me a lot of Roxy.

She our tiniest, and at nearly 12 years old, she still acts like a
kitten and never walks where she can tear through a room like a
miniature cyclone. Again, for the newbies, here's Jessie:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...4/stuff-01.jpg

She's the only one who still wears a collar because she is the only one
who will dare to venture outdoors, especially when she see squirrels.
Here's one of her in her favorite squirrel watching spot:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...0/100_0218.jpg

Like most of us here you have a perfect memory of cats I'm ashamed to
say, I'll remember a cat's name before I will their slave'!

Joyce

Old August 17th 11, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/16/2011 8:44 PM, CatNipped wrote:
On 8/16/2011 8:31 PM, wrote:
wrote:

[...]

Sorry, there was supposed to be a period after the word cats - as is it
sounds like I'm ashamed of your perfect memory of cats - LOL. My
apologies for my atrocious typos.

Joyce

Old August 17th 11, 07:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

When I first started reading this story I was momentarily confused as to
which cat Jessie was, and I was picturing your supremely photogenic long-
white-haired goddess cat (Demi). But then you said she was smart, and that
does *not* fit with what I know about Demi.

Definitely not, LOL. We're still not sure she even knows her own name -
look up dumb blonde in the dictionary and you'll see her picture.

Well, here, to let any newbies know who we're talking about:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...PrettyDemi.jpg

and her "dumb look" - which is how she usually looks:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...mi3/cats23.jpg

You know, it occurs to me (and it's probably already occurred to you
and/or Yowie, but if so, I missed those posts) that Demi and Suki could
be twins separated at birth. Both white longhairs, both beautiful, and
both a bit challenged in the intellectual department. OK, I know Suki
is really a boy... so, they're fraternal twins.

But Jessie is one of my favorites. The ultimate domestic shorthair. She's
a calico, but still reminds me a lot of Roxy.

She our tiniest, and at nearly 12 years old, she still acts like a
kitten and never walks where she can tear through a room like a
miniature cyclone. Again, for the newbies, here's Jessie:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...4/stuff-01.jpg

She's the only one who still wears a collar because she is the only one
who will dare to venture outdoors, especially when she see squirrels.
Here's one of her in her favorite squirrel watching spot:

http://www.possibleplaces.com/CatNip...0/100_0218.jpg

Oh, she really does remind me of Roxy! Different fur color, but very
similar faces. Take a look here. (Sorry, it's not the greatest picture -
combination of lousy camera and lousy photographer!)

http://sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/lick.../rswindow1.jpg

Here's a better one. The only inaccuracy here is that this picture was
probably taken 10 years ago:

http://sonic.net/~jwermont/cats/more...roxy_stick.jpg

Joyce

--
It is better to give than to lend, and it costs about the same. -- Unknown

(I don't really agree that it's "better to give than to lend", but the
rest of the statement is absolutely true.)

Old August 17th 11, 08:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

On 8/17/2011 1:44 AM, wrote:
CatNipped wrote:

[...]

Awww, she's got that pixie-ish look like Jessie does. Is she as active
and a bit of a trouble maker like Jess also? I've hear all Torties are
little imps and always seem to be in the thick of things.

Old August 17th 11, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

Cats are sneaky. (Ben doesn't get that yet?!) It's funny the things cats
think are fun to play with. Emery boards... whodathunkit?

Jill