White discharge?

Old December 19th 03, 03:02 PM
Duncan

Well, I spoke to the vet on the phone this morning .. great turn-around, I
have to say, as I called first thing in the morning, and got a call back 15
minutes later.

Anyhow, I told him of the white goop, but also told him the cat is frisky as
ever, eating, drinking and litter boxing as normal. We took his temp last
night (FUN!) , and it was normal. The vet first suggested full anal sacs,
but that the color of that would be brown or at least tan, but not totally
white.

Since there were no other symptoms, he told me to just watch him closely and
if I could collect a sample of the white goo, to bring it in.

Whew. My sweet 16 pound kitty goes insanely rabid and always must be
gassed for the vet to examine him. No one, not me, not my cat, not even the
vet wants our cat to go to the 'shop', let me tell you.

He's due for an annual checkup anyway, so I'll bring him in after the
holidays.

Yes, I would be concerned about a possible infection. The OP's original
message referred to a pure white "glop" on the floor. This does not sound
like worms to me.

Please see a vet ASAP.

MaryL

Old December 27th 03, 03:35 PM
Steve

make a trip to the vet.

"Duncan" wrote in message
Hmm .. well, I must say I didn't pay attention to it the first time I saw
it, when it was a small drop.

Today, though, there was a good .. half teaspoon of discharge. I looked

at
it pretty carefully, and could not see any lumps, worms, fleas, or
whatever... again, it looked like elmers glue, totally white, and mildly
sticky.

"Mary" wrote in message
I have a 5 year old cat .. two days ago, I noticed a small drop of a

white
substance discharging from my cat's rear end.

It could be a worm from fleas. That will look like a tiny white drop.

Watch
closer and you may see it moving like a worm. They move pretty slowly.