If you are using OE (and HW: food!)

Old September 10th 05, 04:19 PM
jmcquown

Default If you are using OE (and HW: food!)

Highlight all the crap postings in one fell swoop and hit Shift+Delete.
Others should be able to explain the method for doing so with other commonly
used newsreaders like Agent, etc.

Meanwhile, Persia is blissfully unaware I will be either grilling or
pan-frying 2 tilapia fillets for dinner. She's been such a sweetie lately,
she's going to get a little tiny bit of it I like Zatarain's fish fry
coating. It's lightly spicy (but not overwhelmingly so) and the texture is
much more fine than a typical flour/cornmeal treatment. I've got 2 squashes
left, one big yellow crookneck, the other a zucchini. I've sliced them into
pretty thick rounds. If I grill, I'll brush them with a little olive oil
and simply season with salt & pepper and *maybe* a little dried dill weed.
If I do the pan-fry thing with the fish, I'll steam the squash, again with
just a little S&P and maybe the dill weed.

Jill
--
The person who rows the boat seldom has time to rock it

Old September 10th 05, 04:55 PM
cathyxyz

jmcquown wrote:
Highlight all the crap postings in one fell swoop and hit Shift+Delete.
Others should be able to explain the method for doing so with other commonly
used newsreaders like Agent, etc.

This works in Thunderbird too!

Meanwhile, Persia is blissfully unaware I will be either grilling or
pan-frying 2 tilapia fillets for dinner. She's been such a sweetie lately,
she's going to get a little tiny bit of it I like Zatarain's fish fry
coating. It's lightly spicy (but not overwhelmingly so) and the texture is
much more fine than a typical flour/cornmeal treatment. I've got 2 squashes
left, one big yellow crookneck, the other a zucchini. I've sliced them into
pretty thick rounds. If I grill, I'll brush them with a little olive oil
and simply season with salt & pepper and *maybe* a little dried dill weed.
If I do the pan-fry thing with the fish, I'll steam the squash, again with
just a little S&P and maybe the dill weed.

Jill

We are grilling tonight too. Veal steaks, baked potato and salad. Yum.

--
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)
Old September 10th 05, 05:07 PM
Christine K.

cathyxyz wrote:
jmcquown wrote:

Highlight all the crap postings in one fell swoop and hit Shift+Delete.
Others should be able to explain the method for doing so with other
commonly
used newsreaders like Agent, etc.

This works in Thunderbird too!

Another way to skip crap in T-bird is to read what you want to read,
then right-click on the name of the ng in the (at least for me) right
hand column of ng's and choose "mark newsgroup read".

--
Christine in Vantaa, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com
Old September 10th 05, 05:17 PM
cathyxyz

Christine K. wrote:

Another way to skip crap in T-bird is to read what you want to read,
then right-click on the name of the ng in the (at least for me) right
hand column of ng's and choose "mark newsgroup read".

Yes, it does. Do that regularly.
Cheers
Cathy(xyz)

Old September 10th 05, 08:10 PM
Kreisleriana

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:19:51 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

[...]

You can do the same with Agent. Not the cooking part, the mass-delete
part.

Theresa
Old September 10th 05, 08:22 PM
mlbriggs

On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 15:10:13 -0400, Kreisleriana wrote:

[...]

Stinky Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh My
Blog: http://www.humanitas.blogspot.com

I use "Pam" (not for cooking)and I deleted about 7,000 troll messages.
I lost a lot I wanted to keep for a while so I could follow up on sick
kitties. Is there a way to get them back? MLB
Old September 10th 05, 08:26 PM
Kwaaazee Kaaaatz

mlbriggs wrote:

[...]

Yes...Tap the heels of your ruby slippers together 3 times and say:
**** me up the ass please sir!

ps. We'll be doing about 50k per day so keep your pam handy
Old September 10th 05, 08:39 PM
Rrb

mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

Only way I know of is to unsubscribe, subscribe again, and then delete
the troll messages again.
Old September 10th 05, 08:57 PM
Kwaaaazeee Kaaaaatz

Rrb wrote:

mlbriggs wrote:
[...]

No, better yet give yourself a lobotomy.