OT Scream awards 2006

Old October 12th 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Default OT Scream awards 2006

wrote:
kilikini wrote:

If you like the History Channel, you'd probably also like the

National Geographic Channel. Oh, and Animal Planet, of course.
:~) But then again, 3 channels aren't worth the $35 a month it
costs. I have cable because I watch CNN, The Weather Channel, a
24 hour local news station, Lifetime, NGC, Discovery, Science,
Animal Planet, Comedy Central (I love the Stephen Colbert Report)
and FX.

I regularly watch: TNT, USA, Bravo, Animal Planet, and Sci-Fi.
Sometimes
I watch Lifetime, FX, and A&E (when it's not showing some true crime
garbage, which it usually is). My cable service also includes 4 PBS
stations, so I watch those, too. (Without cable I'd probably be able
to get one or two of them.) The Learning Channel sometimes has
interesting stuff on it. (I think they're stretching the "learning"
idea when they
show things like What Not to Wear, but whatever. )

So I do think that cable's worth paying for, even though I pay for a
lot of junk I don't want.

We have HBO and Showtime for free, so I watch those, too.

Cool - how'd you swing that?

Joyce

Believe it or not, you can haggle with the cable people! I got our bill
down to $104 and that includes, HBO, Showtime, On Demand, Internet and
phone. The bill used to be $139. Get the deals; beg for them. You'll get
them.

kili

Old October 12th 06, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

kilikini wrote:

Believe it or not, you can haggle with the cable people! I got our bill
down to $104 and that includes, HBO, Showtime, On Demand, Internet and
phone. The bill used to be $139.

That's great - good going!

Get the deals; beg for them. You'll get them.

Hmm, well first, I'd have to actually reach them on the phone. They are
usually impossible to get through to!

I have a feeling you were successful because you buy so many of their
products. So I'm sure they'd love to keep your business. All I have is
regular old cable TV, not digital, and I don't use them for premium
channels or internet service. So they probably don't care as much about
my business. On the other hand, I have had cable for 14 years, so maybe
that's worth something.

Joyce
Old October 12th 06, 04:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
gracecat

"Matthew" wrote in message
. ..

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
Matthew wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
cable channel
Sorry
"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
Never heard of SPIKE.

I get NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX and PBS

Isn't it funny how everyone assumes people have cable television?
Just like
they assume you have a cell phone.

Heh, I cut off cable in the 1980's. I'm not about to pay $25 a
month for a
bunch of crap. My father called a couple of years ago offering to
buy me cable TV - I said it's $500 a year. WHAT?! Yeah, never
mind. At that time
I had a dog and parakeets, but since then I've been acquired by
Persia and Peaches. so I read books and watch my cat and my parrot
instead

Jill

????? How assumes I just asked if anyone else was watching it. I
have cable TV for 3 reasons. Sci-Fi network, FX network and south
park

Wasn't pointing fingers at you, Matthew, just agreeing with Pat. I
don't pay for cable TV because I have no interest in what is offered.
IF I could pick and choose, I'd select the History channel and
probably a couple of others but for the most part it's not worth the
$$ per month. Glad you find it amusing. Sci-fi doesn't interest me,
nor does South Park. I really don't care who killed Kenny. I gather
I'm a bit older than you are

Jill

I believe Matthew is quite a lot older than you, he just behaves like a
kid.
;-)

You are only old as you want to be just the arthritis and hemorrhoids
get in the way ;-o

In fact I am going to have some young fun tonight going to Halloween
horror nights here in orlando. I hope to get scared enough to almost have
a old fart moment. I bought a unlimited pass so Ican keep going to the
emergency room. Go to love some how.

http://www.halloweenhorrornights.com/orlando/index.html

--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

OOOH JEALOUS!!!

Grace

Old October 12th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

wrote:
kilikini wrote:

[...]

We have satellite, and I watch about the same channels you do. Without
it, I'd have only about 10 channels with a regular antenna on the
house. But regular network TV is just crap anymore. I don't like
reality shows, don't like police dramas and absolutely loathe local
auto dealership commercials. We have a lot of channels, plus the STARZ
package, for $49 a month. It is well worth it to me, esp. in the winter.

Old October 12th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"kilikini" wrote

Believe it or not, you can haggle with the cable people! I got our bill
down to $104 and that includes, HBO, Showtime, On Demand, Internet and
phone. The bill used to be $139. Get the deals; beg for them. You'll
get
them.

$104/month is a "deal" ??? Geez, an extra $104/month would go an awfully
long way in this household. I hardly ever turn on the TV.

Old October 12th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"kilikini" wrote in message
news
wrote:
kilikini wrote:

[...]

Road runner is taking you. I pay with taxes and everything 154 that is for
the business broad band 5 DVR HD boxes ,insurance and all the channels
except the sports. That also includes all the on demand channels

Old October 12th 06, 06:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
gracecat

"Pat" wrote in message
.. .

"kilikini" wrote

Believe it or not, you can haggle with the cable people! I got our bill
down to $104 and that includes, HBO, Showtime, On Demand, Internet and
phone. The bill used to be $139. Get the deals; beg for them. You'll
get
them.

$104/month is a "deal" ??? Geez, an extra $104/month would go an awfully
long way in this household. I hardly ever turn on the TV.

That does sound high, but $60 of that could be contributed towards
telecommunication. Consider a $30-40 dollar phone bill plus a $20 dial-up
'net service... and high speed is even more so it does work out to be quite
feasible.

Grace

Old October 12th 06, 06:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"gracecat" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
. ..

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
Matthew wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
cable channel
Sorry
"Pat" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Yeah it was great I am really sore from all the walking and standing in
line but I am sleeping on the couch tonight. I scared the pants off of the
DW every time a character would get near I blocked her view and pointed to
her. They scared the pants off her but she got me as much as I got her in
the haunted houses. There were 7 of them this year but several live
shows.
But she is a little mad at me. Near the end when all the fake fog was
out on Massacre lane. We stopped by the lake to watch a live show called
sweet 16 which is on floating displays. I told her I was grabbing some
water. I got the water and saw a blood soaked character with a chainsaw. I
asked the guy to help me get my wife of course no problem they are glad to
scare the heck out of you. He walked up handed her the water she was busy
watching the show She grabbed his arm sleeve thinking it was me and turned
to walk away. I was right behind them I said honey wait I want to watch
the show she turn and was saying I have to go to the bathroom. Well of
course the chainsaw ripped to life and he gave an evil laugh you can
imagine the rest. She did not talk to me for about 15 minutes.
It was a good night over all. I can't wait to go back I did not get
to do everything the lines got to long after 9 pm an hour wait for almost
all of them.

Old October 12th 06, 06:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew

"gracecat" wrote in message

"Matthew" wrote in message
. ..

"Adrian A" wrote in message
om...
jmcquown wrote:
Matthew wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
cable channel
Sorry
.. .

Old October 12th 06, 07:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
gracecat

"Matthew" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I saw last year's special on this either on The Travel Channel or
Discovery.. one of 'em. I've been itching to go ever since. It sounds
fantastically cool! I can't imagine how well the haunted houses are. To be
able to have your way with Universal Studios prop equipment.. Whoa! *grins*

Glad you had fun It sounds even more awesome than it looked on tv.

Grace