Pics of the kitten set ablaze by 2 teens and being treated in CA

Old July 20th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rockinghorse Winner

Default Pics of the kitten set ablaze by 2 teens and being treated in CA

What an adorable little thing and so hurt!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/slideshow...83/detail.html

*R* *H*

--
In just seven days, I can make you a man!
-- The Rocky Horror Picture Show
Old July 20th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

Rockinghorse Winner wrote in
:

What an adorable little thing and so hurt!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/slideshow...83/detail.html

*R* *H*

I am sure the punishment will fit the crime. (not)

Andy
Old July 20th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

"Rockinghorse Winner" wrote in message
What an adorable little thing and so hurt!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/slideshow...83/detail.html

*R* *H*

--
In just seven days, I can make you a man!
-- The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The two girls were 15 years old -- old enough to know *exactly* what they
were doing, and old enough so that I hope they do some *serious time* as
punishment (not a "community service" project).

MaryL

Old July 20th 07, 07:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

MaryL wrote:
"Rockinghorse Winner" wrote in message
What an adorable little thing and so hurt!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/slideshow...83/detail.html

*R* *H*

--
In just seven days, I can make you a man!
-- The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The two girls were 15 years old -- old enough to know *exactly* what
they were doing, and old enough so that I hope they do some *serious
time* as punishment (not a "community service" project).

MaryL

Exactly. My god, by that age I was more concerned with makeup and
hairstyles, I sure wasn't about hurting an animal. WTF is wrong with them?!
Send them away to prison for a very long time.

Old July 20th 07, 11:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Jul 19, 10:30 pm, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"Rockinghorse Winner" wrote in message

What an adorable little thing and so hurt!

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/slideshow...83/detail.html

*R* *H*

--
In just seven days, I can make you a man!
-- The Rocky Horror Picture Show

The two girls were 15 years old -- old enough to know *exactly* what they
were doing, and old enough so that I hope they do some *serious time* as
punishment (not a "community service" project).

MaryL

That's extremely disturbing. Those girls need a full mental evaluation
and whatever
remedy the modern psychiatry community can come up with. They're just
wicked through. I don't mean this to sound sexist, but it *is* highly
unusual
for girls to abuse animals, according to statistics anyway.
I agree that if it were up to me, I'd hand down a stiff sentence too.
But traditional
juvenile detention or prison time is probably going to turn them into
serial killers. I'd
say they've got what it takes already and are well on their way.

Sherry

Old July 20th 07, 11:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

ups.com...
wrote:
[...]

Unfortunately, I think you're right. I have been thinking about this (and
similar cases) quite a lot. People who start out as animal abusers when
they are children sometimes become child molesters or killers at a later
time. Our system is not set up to require intensive mental evaluation and
treatment. Even if someone is sent to prison, they are unlikely to receive
mental health care. In fact, let's be honest about this -- they are even
*less* likely to receive mental health care. In many cases, they are simply
warehoused, and that is a tragedy. It's a tragedy for the person who does
not receive treatment, and it is a tragedy for society because the same (or
even worse) crimes will probably be committed in the future.

MaryL

OT Florida teens goes to Iraq NMR Cat anecdotes 14 January 4th 06 09:39 PM
Kitten pics Mathew Kagis Cat health & behaviour 5 April 3rd 05 08:30 AM
My kitten pics Mathew Kagis Cat health & behaviour 2 January 11th 05 12:02 AM
New kitten pics Marina Cat anecdotes 58 November 19th 04 05:29 AM
Kitten pics! Marina Cat anecdotes 18 February 22nd 04 09:52 PM