big kitten (cougar cub)

Old August 20th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default big kitten (cougar cub)

I have posted a video clip on YouTube of a five-month-old cougar (mountain
lion) cub playing at the Nashville, Tennessee, USA zoo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wZMSyi_0JI

--
John F. Eldredge --

Old August 20th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Aug 20, 8:33 am, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
I have posted a video clip on YouTube of a five-month-old cougar (mountain
lion) cub playing at the Nashville, Tennessee, USA zoo.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wZMSyi_0JI

--
John F. Eldredge --

Aww, he looks lonely. Quick! Where's my laser pointer!

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Old August 20th 07, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

"John F. Eldredge" wrote in message
news
I have posted a video clip on YouTube of a five-month-old cougar (mountain
lion) cub playing at the Nashville, Tennessee, USA zoo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wZMSyi_0JI

Aw!! He looks just like a big kitten - and he pushes that medicine ball
(I'm assuming that's what it is since I think a basketball would have
punctured long before) like it was nothing!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--
John F. Eldredge --

Old August 20th 07, 09:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Aug 20, 8:33 am, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
I have posted a video clip on YouTube of a five-month-old cougar (mountain
lion) cub playing at the Nashville, Tennessee, USA zoo.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wZMSyi_0JI

He's so cute. Was that a bowling ball he was playing with at the
beginning of the clip? He had a fine old time with it.

Old August 21st 07, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:48:09 -0700, Jane wrote:

On Aug 20, 8:33 am, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
I have posted a video clip on YouTube of a five-month-old cougar (mountain
lion) cub playing at the Nashville, Tennessee, USA zoo.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wZMSyi_0JI

Aww, he looks lonely. Quick! Where's my laser pointer!

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita

Another cougar cub was in the enclosure with the one I filmed, but that
one was asleep. Yes, I imagine this little fellow would have fun chasing
the red dot.

--
John F. Eldredge --

Old August 21st 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:20:07 -0700, tanadashoes wrote:

On Aug 20, 8:33 am, "John F. Eldredge" wrote:
I have posted a video clip on YouTube of a five-month-old cougar (mountain
lion) cub playing at the Nashville, Tennessee, USA zoo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wZMSyi_0JI

He's so cute. Was that a bowling ball he was playing with at the
beginning of the clip? He had a fine old time with it.

I think that it was probably a medicine ball, as Catnipped suggested. It
was smaller than a bowling ball, but appeared to be heavier than a beach
ball. Last year, on one of my visits to the zoo, there was a fairly
sturdy-looking beach ball in the enclosure with the two adult cougars
(which aren't the parents of these two cubs, by the way, so it isn't the
same enclosure). One of the adult cougars was playing with that ball.
Every few minutes, it would roll into the drinking pool; the cougar would
wade in and retrieve it, with its body language saying clearly, "I hate
getting wet, but retrieving my toy is worth the discomfort."

--
John F. Eldredge --