They ate my chicken

Old September 19th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default They ate my chicken

I had sent this to Lee and she thought I should post it here.

Those "Darling, angelic, loveable Cats,. GGRRR. ate my fried chicken, well
almost. I decided I wanted some fried chicken and had two legs and two
chicken breasts in the freezer. I cooked it, and left it in the middle of
the table (rememeber, I haven't had cats for all that long) I never gave it
a second thought until Scooter, my Dog came into the office where I was
doing bookwork. I leaned over to hug her and walla, I smelled chicken on
her breath.

Hurring to the kitchen I spotted O.T. and Willow each with a chicken leg
eating like mad. Scooter had eaten one of the breast pieces and most of the
bone, which I don't give her. To my horror, Piglet who NEVER NEVER eats
people food was munching on the last piece in the middle of the tabloe. Oh
well, Palaties and fried chicken are probably not on the same menu anyway.

Old September 19th 07, 09:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

*creepy music plays dramatically.... Lee cackles insanely knowing she has
done the e mothership's bidding and Gramby is almost totally assimilated...

Old September 19th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

On Sep 18, 9:25 pm, "Granby" wrote:
[...]

Wait until Thanksgiving. If I recall correctly, one of the group in
here has a story about an extra bird showing up. They never did find
out who the cats took it from.

Pam S. cackling evilly.

Old September 19th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

tanadashoes wrote:

Wait until Thanksgiving. If I recall correctly, one of the group in
here has a story about an extra bird showing up. They never did find
out who the cats took it from.

Years ago, my d*g thing Motley ran indoors dragging a still warm roasted
turkey! We never did find out where he got it and Speedy Joe (RB) got inside
it (it was a BIG turkey) and ate his way out!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old September 19th 07, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Lesley via CatKB.com u27720@uwe wrote:

tanadashoes wrote:

Wait until Thanksgiving. If I recall correctly, one of the group in
here has a story about an extra bird showing up. They never did find
out who the cats took it from.

Years ago, my d*g thing Motley ran indoors dragging a still warm roasted
turkey! We never did find out where he got it and Speedy Joe (RB) got inside
it (it was a BIG turkey) and ate his way out!

That sounds like a mini-version of the elk story!!

Joyce
Old September 20th 07, 10:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley via CatKB.com

Matthew wrote:
Granby This is almost like the time when 4 of mine banded together to
carry off a 20 pound ham that I had cooked for Easter one year.

A work colleague years ago told me that her kitten ran off with a leg of lamb
and it had to assumed he took it outside even through it was bigger than the
cat flap (or the kitten for that matter) because she never found any of it...
then again we had the fried chicken incident where Dave got some chicken and
chips and decided he didn't like the chicken so I binned it and the next
morning, the box was in the middle of the floor, the cats were suspiciously
stuffed and I never found a single bone...

Old September 20th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

These brats here even like Bagels, Garlic, cinnamon whatrever it makes no
difference. Piglet doesn't eat them but she supervises while the others
comsume my food. I often turn something upside down over the food. Yeah
right with a 16 and a 10 pound cat and willow not knowing hitting things
could hurt you.
"Matthew" wrote in message

"Lesley via CatKB.com" u27720@uwe wrote in message
Matthew wrote:
Granby This is almost like the time when 4 of mine banded together to
carry off a 20 pound ham that I had cooked for Easter one year.

A work colleague years ago told me that her kitten ran off with a leg of
lamb
and it had to assumed he took it outside even through it was bigger than
the
cat flap (or the kitten for that matter) because she never found any of
it...
then again we had the fried chicken incident where Dave got some chicken
and
chips and decided he didn't like the chicken so I binned it and the next
morning, the box was in the middle of the floor, the cats were
suspiciously
stuffed and I never found a single bone...

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

LOL

After the ham incident. I learned they get locked up when I cook. I
fixed lamb the other day they have not had any before. You would have
thought that world ended they way they were going on. each of them got
their own chop they devoured it and wanted more the spoiled brats. I
don't like giving them to much human food but you all know how that goes,
;-)

Old September 20th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

PLEASE tell THEM that!!! I eat a lot of both but will be careful they don't
get it. Thank you for the info.
"Matthew" wrote in message
Careful Granby I know you are newbie to cats. Garlic and onions can cause
problems in cats

Old September 20th 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I have always wondered aabou this. When I was a little girl, a looooonnnggg
time ago, no one had store bought pet food" At the end of each day Gandma
would divide up leftovers or, make gavy and put bread in it for the dods or
cats that came aorund the house. Yeah, I knoow they hunted and ate birds and
such but, those who atre the "people food" still lived forever. I will be
careful bu I have always wondered why so many things are bad now that wern't
then. Oh and when Grandpa milked cows, there were always pans of milk for
the cats.
"Matthew" wrote in message
There is a lot of human food that they should not get but we are all
guilty of it. I know when I make a sandwich I better take a piece of the
lunch meat and tear it up or I won't eat mine at all. I would be playing
avoid the tag team jumping cats ;-)

http://www.aspca.org/aspcablog/2006/...-pets-and.html
Ask the Pet Nutrition Service: Pets and "People Food"
Awhile ago, The Today Show was going to run a segment about people food
that's bad for pets. I missed that part, and was hoping you could tell me
something about foods that we shouldn't give pets.
-Cathy

There are indeed many ordinary "people foods" that may cause serious
problems for out pets, Cathy. It is important to prevent access to these
foods, which we'll list he
- Alcoholic beverages
- Chocolate (baker's, semi-sweet, milk chocolate)
- Coffee (ground, beans, chocolate-covered espresso beans)
- Moldy or spoiled foods
- Onions & onion powder
- Garlic & garlic powder
- Salt
- Yeast dough
- Macadamia nuts
- Raisins and grapes
- Avocado
- Hops (used in home brewing)
- Fatty foods
- Bones
- Milk
- Raw eggs
- Raw or undercooked meat
- Products containing the sweetener xylitol

In general, people food should be avoided for both dogs and cats-though
occasional treats may be acceptable in small amounts. It is best to stick
with a high-quality premium food formulated to meet the specific needs of
your pet

Old September 21st 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christine K.

Matthew kirjoitti:

snip
- Bones

snip
- Raw or undercooked meat

I was just wondering how ferals bbq their rats, mice, pigeons etc if raw
or undercooked meat is bad for kitties...

--
Christine in Laitila, Finland
christal63 (at) gmail (dot) com

Is he a cat or a chicken?!? badwilson Cat anecdotes 6 May 21st 06 03:32 PM
I got der chicken!!! Stormmee Cat community 9 March 3rd 06 10:03 AM
Chicken Pox Granny Cats - misc 12 August 18th 04 05:32 PM
Chicken Pox Granny Cat health & behaviour 6 April 28th 04 05:09 PM
Raw chicken? Dennis Carr Cat health & behaviour 9 January 17th 04 03:23 PM