Ok I got a question

Old June 10th 09, 03:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Default Ok I got a question

I has been a while since I have had a young furball in the house.

He has picked up a few bad habits. I am trying to break him of them. I
have some difficulty in doing this . He is one of the most stubborn
furballs we have ever rescued

One is he is stalking the other cats. I know this is a young male thing for
the pecking order. He will jump them when they are not looking. There is
no fur flying or blood just a lot of the other cats yelling and protesting.
When he does this and instead of leaving them alone after they knock some
sense into him like they have. He will follow them trying to stay on their
back. I think he was taken from the house that had dogs. I have seen that
with dogs. All the cats except ka'shay have knocked him for a loop and he
can only do it if they are totally unprepared for it. Rumble got so
annoyed that he turned the tables and chased him to me showing him who was
the boss.

Ka'shay is the problem. She runs and won't fight back. He chases her
under the bed and will not leave her alone. Everytime he sees her he goes
after her. He pins he until she squalls. Usually by this time. I got the
water bottle or the can of marbles after him. I keep her and limo separate
when we are not at home but even when we are near he still does this. I am
not going to hit my cat. I am at the point of where I am ready to put him
in the bathroom for a few hours when he does this. Any suggestions. When I
spray him with the water bottle He looks at me like what is that supposed to
do.

Here is the other bad habit. He saw me pull a tissue out of the box and now
the little devil sticks his paw into the box. Pulls one out with his claws
and chews plus rips it up. I have to turn the box upside down. Well the
little fur nut flips the box over

Old June 11th 09, 01:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

Piglet is my Kleenex cat. You best not leave one anywhere. She won't
bother a napkin but, I have to keep the Kleenex where she can't get to them.

When O T was jumping on Piglet like you say your cat does, I shot him with
canned air. Most times I could conceal it and he thought it was Piglet so
soon learned to leave her alone. No, I don't go with hitting the cats
either.
ng.com...

Old June 11th 09, 03:48 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
S.Smith

"Granby" wrote in message
Piglet is my Kleenex cat. You best not leave one anywhere. She won't
bother a napkin but, I have to keep the Kleenex where she can't get to
them.

When O T was jumping on Piglet like you say your cat does, I shot him with
canned air. Most times I could conceal it and he thought it was Piglet so
soon learned to leave her alone. No, I don't go with hitting the cats
either.
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
[...]

You have quite a character there. I am wondering if you introduced him
gradually to the group? Sometimes it is best to hold the new guy in another
room for a few days and intro him slowly.
Paloma's Mom

Old June 11th 09, 04:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"S.Smith" wrote in message

"Granby" wrote in message
Piglet is my Kleenex cat. You best not leave one anywhere. She won't
bother a napkin but, I have to keep the Kleenex where she can't get to
them.

When O T was jumping on Piglet like you say your cat does, I shot him
with canned air. Most times I could conceal it and he thought it was
Piglet so soon learned to leave her alone. No, I don't go with hitting
the cats either.
"Matthew" wrote in message
ng.com...
[...]

He has been here for almost 3 months I took 2 weeks to introduce him to
the group. They are older cats and grouchy so it took awhile

Old June 11th 09, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
S.Smith

"S.Smith" wrote in message
You have quite a character there. I am wondering if you introduced him

gradually to the group? Sometimes it is best to hold the new guy in
another room for a few days and intro him slowly.
Paloma's Mom

He has been here for almost 3 months I took 2 weeks to introduce him to
the group. They are older cats and grouchy so it took awhile

I am reminded of something that happened many years ago. I had one cat
(about 7 years old) and brought in a younger stray (about 10 mos. old).
Both were males..the younger one still needed to be neutered. I lived in a
very small apartment where the other room was the bathroom. I had no way to
separate them while I was at work. Every day when I would come home from
work, there would be broken ceramics that I glued back daily. This went on
for about 2 weeks...daily fighting...no fur..but just constant harassing
eachother. I had decided to take the stray back to where I found him...It
was on my mind all day and felt miserable about taking him back. When I
came home that night, for the first time, there was peace and quiet.
Nothing was broken or tipped over. It was as if he knew what was going to
happen. Needless to say, I had Peanut for many years. He was a great cat.
He and Fang and I even flew to Chicago to work for about 3 months. From
that one day, they got along just great. I am so glad I kept Peanut.
Please try and have patience.
Paloma's Mom

Old June 11th 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

Oh he ain't going no where I will never give up on a cat no matter what.
Thank you for the story

Old June 12th 09, 09:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Granby

I rescued Sadie from the Rest Area in October. Until last month, there
wasn't a month go by that I wasn't badly temped to have her put down. She
loved me but would not even try and bond with anyone else. I couldn't go
anywhere overnight as she wouldn't go to the outside with anyone. I began
to feel like a prisoner not an owner or slave. I cried so hard one night
and told her I was sorry but, I had done my best for her. I swear she must
have known something was up. The next day she went to my son and sat by
him. He still can't take her out but she is being nicer to him. She went
to the Vet three days ago and got fixed. She is now recovering and getting
friendly with everyone who comes in.

Son thinks it is because I took her away, left her and then went and got
her. Whatever the reason, I am thankful.
g.com...

Old June 13th 09, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Netmask

"S.Smith" wrote in message

"S.Smith" wrote in message
[...]

I have a friend who has 2 cats that will never get on, the house has a
"Berlin wall" half way down the hallway. Visitors have to learn to close
the door or WW3 breaks out - LOL Been going on for 7 years now..