OT

Old January 13th 12, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default OT

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MLB" wrote in message
wrote in message
wrote in message
"Christina wrote in
message

wrote in message
"Christina wrote in
message ...
Sent off the forms for the drop kerb today. A surveyor will come
out,
have a look and hopefully agree it.

By coincidence - I hopeG - there was a story, with video, on
yesterday evening's news about a huge fight among neighbors which
started because someone blocked their neighbor's half of a shared
driveway. Six people were arrested, and three were taken to the
hospital.

I hope it will not come to that ;-)
Tweed

So do I.

But they do it "pointedly" so I cannot get my car out. In the hope, I
presume, that I will agree to their 6 foot 1 inch wall 3 feet in front
of
my
kitchen window.
I now park my car on the road, just behind my other neighbour's block
kerb
until we have a resolution for this.
I really hate this, particularly as they are building a wall too far
into
my
garden. Sounds legal.

ahg

Do you have a way to find out the history of the neighbors? Have they
always been troublemakers?

I have a suspicion where they came from, but I don't care really. They
are
dreadful. I never had neighbours like this.
I've always got on well with the neighbours in that house before.
One place to park to shut my car in, they do it every f* time.

IMHO it would be worthwhile to know their history -- just in case things
get worse.

Could they be "druggies?"MLB

No. They think they are posh since their house cost them 305,000 quid but
they did not see how it was rebuilt like I did. I would not touch it with a
barge pole.
They don't seem to have any idea how to integrate into a semi-rural
community, like it might annoy your neighbours if you block their cars in or
out and no matter how many times you ask them to move their car, it just
does not occur to them that we only expect to ask once.
Tweed

- - - - - - - - - -

You actually may be giving them more credit than I would. It sounds to me
like they are *very* well aware that their actions are annoying to their
neighbors and that they *intend* to annoy. It also sounds like they are
throwing in a little attempted blackmail, as in "I will block your kerb
until you agree to let me build my ugly wall and block your light."

MaryL

Old January 13th 12, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

"MLB" wrote in message
wrote in message
wrote in message
"Christina wrote in
message

wrote in message
[...]

Well, and then there's the small matter of them being utterly rude to you
when you did go to ask. They really are the neighbors from hell. May they
discover that they hate rural living, sell the house and leave - soon!

Joyce

--
Joyce

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth
concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.
-- Louis D. Brandeis
Old January 13th 12, 09:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MatSav[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in
message ...

...when I pay loadsa money to get my own dropped kerb to my
drive, if they block that in I shall knock on their door and
say "Move your car" We've gone beyond "please" now. After
that, I won't bother to ask, I will get the police to come and
fine them or tow it.
They do it on purpose.

Are you in a local authority area where parking offences have
*not* been "decriminalised", and infringements are a civil
offence rather than criminal?

In London, the police wouldn't be interested - they'd say
"nothing to do with us, it's a civil parking offence - and that's
the responsibility of the local borough council". I suggest you
check your Council's web site for a section titled "streets", or
"parking", or something like that. If the Council issue penalty
charge notices for parking infringement, then you'll find that it
is decriminalised.

--
MatSav

Old January 14th 12, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MatSav" wrote in message

[...]

When I got the street wardens involved, they said the shared dropped kerb
was not enough over my side to enforce a penalty but they agreed they were
rhyming with bankers. They advised me to get my own, and if it is blocked
they can be fined 25 quid every time they do it, they can do it, or the
police can.
I managed to jump my car up the kerb today to get it onto my drive but when
I look outside tonight, no way I could get out, not only is the kerb blocked
but all the front of my house with their cars. I knew this would happen.
Planning permission was given for a 5 bedroom house on a tiny plot without
consideration being given about 2 adults/2 adult children and where their
cars would go.
The builders were so greedy that although in theory they extended the house
not too far so someone could get their car in, you would have to have a tiny
car to even try to get down to the garage or where, in theory, you could
also park another two.
Now they want me to agree to taking a wall down, adopting some of my land so
they can get a car in.
I think not. Hilarious.
I watched that house, from being a home for my beloved neighbours being
rebuilt and I can tell you I would not touch it with a bargepole. You
should see the bent roof, which you can't see from their short garden, only
from mine.

Old January 14th 12, 08:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"MaryL" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MLB" wrote in message
wrote in message
wrote in message
"Christina wrote in
message

wrote in message
[...]

Yes, they are doing this, I cannot walk far or drive more than a mile or so
atm, and they know it.
Never mind.
Soon, but not quite yet, I will get a chartered surveyor in to measure my
property and then to take part of their wall down that they built at the
rear too far over into mine, presumably to extend it all the way up my
garden. When I was in hospital.
I think they thought I could be taken advantage of. Not so.
Tweed

Old January 14th 12, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
They don't seem to have any idea how to integrate into a semi-rural
community, like it might annoy your neighbours if you block their cars
in or
out and no matter how many times you ask them to move their car, it just
does not occur to them that we only expect to ask once.

Well, and then there's the small matter of them being utterly rude to you
when you did go to ask. They really are the neighbors from hell. May they
discover that they hate rural living, sell the house and leave - soon!

--
Oh please let that happen.
Tweed

Old January 14th 12, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Now they want me to agree to taking a wall down, adopting some of my
land so they can get a car in.
I think not. Hilarious.

Unbelievable! The people who deliberately block your exit every day want
you to sacrifice some of your property so they can get their car in and
out? Do they have any idea how absurd they are?

--
Joyce

- Your mom and I are going to divorce next month.
- What??? Why! Call me please?
- I wrote Disney and this phone changed it. We are going to Disney.
-- damnyouautocorrect.com
Old January 14th 12, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Now they want me to agree to taking a wall down, adopting some of my
land so they can get a car in.
I think not. Hilarious.

Unbelievable! The people who deliberately block your exit every day want
you to sacrifice some of your property so they can get their car in and
out? Do they have any idea how absurd they are?

My car not theirs. One day soon - it will take three months or so - I will
get my car out without them holding me to ransom. The worst thing is that
they *do* think I'm disabled.
They moved in when I was.
Wait until I get better!!

Old January 15th 12, 12:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
J J Levin

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Now they want me to agree to taking a wall down, adopting some of my
land so they can get a car in.
I think not. Hilarious.

Unbelievable! The people who deliberately block your exit every day want
you to sacrifice some of your property so they can get their car in and
out? Do they have any idea how absurd they are?

My car not theirs. One day soon - it will take three months or so - I
will get my car out without them holding me to ransom. The worst thing
is that they *do* think I'm disabled.
They moved in when I was.
Wait until I get better!!

That's the spirit ! Good luck. Those neighbors deserve everything you can
dish out at them.

Jay

Old January 15th 12, 01:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

Now they want me to agree to taking a wall down, adopting some of my
land so they can get a car in.
I think not. Hilarious.

Unbelievable! The people who deliberately block your exit every day want
you to sacrifice some of your property so they can get their car in and
out? Do they have any idea how absurd they are?

My car not theirs. One day soon - it will take three months or so - I
will get my car out without them holding me to ransom. The worst thing
is that they *do* think I'm disabled.
They moved in when I was.
Wait until I get better!!

That's the spirit ! Good luck. Those neighbors deserve everything you can
dish out at them.

Jay

Except, it's really sad. When I look outside now, there is no way I could
get my car out as I am blocked all across in by their several cars and
couldn't get Mr F out at all even by bumping him down a kerb.
It's stupid to upset neighbours by doing this, isn't it?
I don't understand what they are trying to do, I never had such bad
neighbours before.
BTW, no amount of blocking in will get them their wall.

Tweed