Hairball

Old October 17th 04, 10:47 PM
Christina Websell

Default Hairball

Well, wasn't I boasting the other day that my cats had never hawked up a
hairball? And indeed they hadn't, for years I'd never seen one at all,
ever.
I was out most of the day today sharing meals with relatives.
I came home, lit the woodburner, sat on the rug in front of it to feed it
and...I put my left hand down flat on the rug and felt something wet
underneath it.
It was something about as big as my middle finger, damp. It looked like wet
compressed hair.
This was a hairball, right?
I wonder whose it was?
Serves me right, eh? g
Do I need to groom them more?

Tweed

Old October 17th 04, 11:13 PM
Seanette Blaylock

"Christina Websell" had some very
interesting things to say about Hairball:

It was something about as big as my middle finger, damp. It looked like wet
compressed hair.
This was a hairball, right?

Yep, that's a hairball. :-)

Old October 17th 04, 11:24 PM
O J

On Sun, 17 Oct, Tweed wrote:

I came home, lit the woodburner, sat on the rug in front of it to feed it
and...I put my left hand down flat on the rug and felt something wet
underneath it.
It was something about as big as my middle finger, damp. It looked like wet
compressed hair.
This was a hairball, right?

Oh yes!

I wonder whose it was?
Serves me right, eh? g

Once again, cats have made a liar out of their human. It's part of
their job. Apparently, yours take their duties very seriously.

Do I need to groom them more?

Yours are short-hairs, right? An occasional combing is a welcome
treat for most of mine and helps with the hairball problem. For some
of mine, a combing is pure torture and they let me know it in no
uncertain terms. If it feels good (to the cats), do it!

Regards and Purrs,
O J (Old John) Gritmon

Old October 17th 04, 11:39 PM
Christina Websell

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
"Christina Websell" had some very
interesting things to say about Hairball:

It was something about as big as my middle finger, damp. It looked like
wet
compressed hair.
This was a hairball, right?

Yep, that's a hairball. :-)

Thanks, Seanette. Why don't I just keep my big mouth shut about my cats not
hawking up hairballs? They never fail to surprise me, they never did it
before, honest. Not in all these years.
I think they must be reading the group.

Tweed