Sammy's turning my hair gray(er)

Old August 14th 04, 02:25 PM
CatNipped

Default Sammy's turning my hair gray(er)

Good news: Sammy's paw is back down to normal and she certainly doesn't
have any problem using it (fresh scratches on my hands and arms can attest
to this).

Bad News: She's making me crazy!! Jumping, running, rolling in tumble
sets - non-stop! I'm hoping that continuing to give her the pain medication
is the right thing to do and that it's not masking her pain and allowing her
to do things she might not do if it hurt her to do it. Since they told me
to keep her off the stairs, I put up the grandbabies' guard gate on the
bedroom door so I could keep the door open and allow her to at least
socialize with her 3 sisters. I was in my office working when in strolls
Miss Samantha, cool as you please, to come and jump all over me and my desk
and to help me type. She had jumped over the 3 1/2 foot baby gate!! Wait,
let me check... nope, no intestines dangling out yet!

Hugs,

CatNipped

CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4, DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 4 months, DLH Tabby

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy and Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/ (All my fur babies)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy3/ (Sammy and Jessie)

Old August 14th 04, 02:54 PM
Annie Wxill

"CatNipped" wrote in message
Bad News: She's making me crazy!! Jumping, running, rolling in tumble
sets - non-stop! I'm hoping that continuing to give her the pain

medication
is the right thing to do and that it's not masking her pain and allowing

her
to do things she might not do if it hurt her to do it. ...
CatNipped

It sounds like Sammy's recovery is going well. Don't worry about keeping
her down.
The same evening as her spay, Rosie (who was feral at the time) jumped onto
a bathroom counter and then onto the cupboard above the toilet.
The next night she figured out how to open the laundry chute and slid down.
Fortunately, she did not have any complications from her surgery.
Annie

Old August 14th 04, 07:15 PM
Jo Firey

"CatNipped" wrote in message
[...]

DOn't let her worry you too much. When our tiny dog had a c section she was
standing on her back legs and begging in 24 hours. There is no way you are
going to keep this cat still for a week. Just keep an eye on her for
problems, and let her decide what to do. (You might back off on the pain
meds and watch to see if she appears to need them)

Jo

Old August 15th 04, 12:14 AM
CatNipped

It's funny how different they are from us. I remember when I had my
hysterectomy - for the first three days I just lay in the hospital bed
pushing and pushing and pushing "the pump" that administered demoral in a
constant drip. I only got up to walk because I knew how much more painful
the gas would be if I didn't The fourth day I can home this was how I
moved...

Shuffle left foot forward verrrrrrrry slowly an inch or two accompanyed by
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!"; shuffle right foot forward verrrrrrry
slowly and inch or two accompanyed by "OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GAWD THIS
HURTS!!!"; then stop and rest for a few minutes.

When I see this little thing, not even one day out of surgery,
--
Hugs,

CatNipped

CatMom to:
Bandit, (a.k.a. "Bitch Cat From Hell"), 14, DLH Tabby
Demi, (a.k.a. "Ghost Cat"), 5, DLH Pure White Beauty
Jessie, (a.k.a. "Jet Ski"), 4, DSH Tortoiseshell
Samantha / Sammy, (a.k.a. "Mini Me"), 4 months, DLH Tabby

http://www.gcmensa.org/Cats.html (Jessie, Demi, Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy/ (Sammy and Bandit)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy2/ (All my fur babies)
http://www.gcmensa.org/Sammy3/ (Sammy and Jessie) LEAPING on and off the
bed, flying through the air from the bed to the dresser and back again,
rolling around on the floor, making mad dashes across the room chasing
Jessie - well, it's downright humbling!