Bald spot on Amber

Old August 15th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Default Bald spot on Amber

I notice yesterday a bald spo on Amber's left side. It's about the size
of a quarter. I suspect that Tiger pulled out some hair. It's not
bothering her. See it here-

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=0&re s=high

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 15th 06, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I notice yesterday a bald spo on Amber's left side. It's about the size
of a quarter. I suspect that Tiger pulled out some hair. It's not
bothering her. See it here-

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=0&re s=high

Looks to me like the nearly healed remains of a small puncture wound. Claw,
tooth, accidental contact with something sharp perhaps. Minor abscessing
will cause hair loss.

Old August 15th 06, 09:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Debra Berry

It could be ringworm. If it doesn't seem to be growing fur back, better
check
with the vet.

Debbie

Old August 15th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

I doubt if it's ringworm. My cats are strictly inside and there have
been no "critters" of any kind in the house. The surface of the spot is
smooth with no sign of a puncture. It seems to be healing as of this
afternoon.

Old August 16th 06, 12:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
RobZip

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I doubt if it's ringworm.

I would doubt that as well.

The surface of the spot is
smooth with no sign of a puncture. It seems to be healing as of this
afternoon.

What you are seeing at this stage would be consistent with some sort of
minor punture. An insect bite could produce the same result if a small piece
of the mandible were left behind in the bite. Hair is slow to recover.

Old August 16th 06, 01:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mob-barley

---MIKE--- wrote:
I notice yesterday a bald spo on Amber's left side. It's about the size
of a quarter. I suspect that Tiger pulled out some hair. It's not
bothering her. See it here-

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/View...e=0&re s=high

damn

that's weird if you ask me

course I dont really know cats and cat behavior

but thats just weird

Old August 17th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Default Bald spot on Amber-update

I think I know what happened. In the picture you will see Amber on her
window seat. When she gets up there she jumps up on the speaker and
then to the seat. If Tiger chases her she usually gets up in a hurry.
I think she may have nicked the corner of the lower shelf on the way up.
I now have some padding on that corner