@#&*%$! geese

Old May 2nd 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha

Default @#&*%$! geese

I work in one of those business parks, the kind where they try to make up for
overdeveloping a commun ity by making it look like you could play golf on it.
And Spring has truly come back to Buffalo, bringing with it the geese. Scads
of Canada geese, dropping their calling cards everywhere and generally
misbehaving.

We have this truly rude goose near my office. This little Christmas recipe
waiting to happen cusses at me every day when I get off the bus and walk the
two blocks or so to the building. No, this isn't too off-topic, I don't
think; the little so-and-so hisses just like a mad cat! He or she--it seems
difficult to tell with Canada geese--will contort its neck into unusual
angles and not just honk, but hiss and flap his wings. He hasn't come right
out and attacked, but has done this wing-flapping dance and a couple of quick
steps at me, like he's testing me. he's also hung around my chiropractor's
office, which is just across the street, and cusses out all and sundry there.

I think I need to look for new work. Not just the job but the whole
neighborhood's getting too hostile for my liking.

Blessed be,
Baha
Old May 2nd 08, 04:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Baha wrote:
We have this truly rude goose near my office. This little Christmas recipe
waiting to happen cusses at me every day when I get off the bus and walk the
two blocks or so to the building. No, this isn't too off-topic, I don't
think; the little so-and-so hisses just like a mad cat! He or she--it seems
difficult to tell with Canada geese--will contort its neck into unusual
angles and not just honk, but hiss and flap his wings. He hasn't come right
out and attacked, but has done this wing-flapping dance and a couple of quick
steps at me, like he's testing me. he's also hung around my chiropractor's
office, which is just across the street, and cusses out all and sundry there.

Probably a she. Sounds like a typical female goose trying to attract
your attention away from her chicks.

Old May 3rd 08, 05:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Marina wrote:
Baha wrote:
a mad cat! He or she--it seems difficult to tell with Canada

geese--will contort its neck into unusual angles and not just honk,
but hiss and flap his wings. He hasn't come right out and attacked,
but has done this wing-flapping dance and a couple of quick steps at
me, like he's testing me. he's also hung around my chiropractor's
office, which is just across the street, and cusses out all and
sundry there.

Probably a she. Sounds like a typical female goose trying to attract
your attention away from her chicks.

Yep, that's female behaviour. There are most likely eggs, if not chicks
yet. They'll be hidden under one of those ornamental shrubs these "business
parks" plant to hide the fact they just ripped out a forest to put up yet
another cookie-cutter office building or two or three, or...don't get me
started!

Jill

Old May 3rd 08, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

Baha wrote:
[...]

Hmmmm, you're probably right.
Boy, Geese have teeth too and they will bite!
Hug
Kyla

Old May 4th 08, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Marina wrote:
Baha wrote:
[...]

Ideal way to get rid of the geese if they are overpopulating a lake or pond
is to bring in some Border Collies. They won't let the geese get out of
the water to feed so they eventually give up and go elsewhere.

Kayla would be happy to help.

Jo

Old May 14th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Baha via CatKB.com

Marina wrote:

Probably a she. Sounds like a typical female goose trying to attract
your attention away from her chicks.

the little wenches are ganging up on me. There were two right by the door of
my work this morning, honking and hissing to beat the band. I ran like hell
inside, when normally I run like that at the end of the day. I'm not usuallyh
this happy to see the inside of that cesspool. Still, I have no ill will
toward the geese. They're lovely birds. When they're just sitting there they
look so serene. And the reality of the matter is that I find their posturing
rather amusing and downright cheery, although i don't want to be on the
receiving end of their beaks. I had neighbors with an attack duck when i was
a teenager, and that was enough to deal with.

Blessed be,
Baha

Old May 14th 08, 07:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^. .^=[_2_]

"Baha via CatKB.com"
Marina wrote:

[...]

A thought just occured to me. carry a small umbrella with you and when they
get aggresive, floomp it open and maybe it'll scare them? Worked for me
when I was about to be attacked by a Doberman a lot of years ago. He was
running towards me and I opened my umbrella and yelled at him, and off he
went.
Just a suggestion
Hug
Kyla

Old May 14th 08, 07:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
Marina wrote:

Probably a she. Sounds like a typical female goose trying to attract
your attention away from her chicks.

the little wenches are ganging up on me. There were two right by the door of
my work this morning, honking and hissing to beat the band. I ran like hell
inside, when normally I run like that at the end of the day. I'm not usuallyh
this happy to see the inside of that cesspool. Still, I have no ill will
toward the geese. They're lovely birds. When they're just sitting there they
look so serene. And the reality of the matter is that I find their posturing
rather amusing and downright cheery, although i don't want to be on the
receiving end of their beaks. I had neighbors with an attack duck when i was
a teenager, and that was enough to deal with.

I've been hissed at by a swan. Very scary. I was in a canoe, paddling
around our summer island, and happened to come too close to a nest in
the willows. The swan stood up and stretched out its wings and hissed.
It towered above me in my low little canoe. I could not paddle away fast
enough.

The cats know not to go anywhere near the swans on the island. :P

Old May 14th 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

Baha via CatKB.com wrote:
Marina wrote:

Probably a she. Sounds like a typical female goose trying to attract
your attention away from her chicks.

the little wenches are ganging up on me. There were two right by the
door of my work this morning, honking and hissing to beat the band. I
ran like hell inside, when normally I run like that at the end of the
day. I'm not usuallyh this happy to see the inside of that cesspool.
Still, I have no ill will toward the geese. They're lovely birds.
When they're just sitting there they look so serene. And the reality
of the matter is that I find their posturing rather amusing and
downright cheery, although i don't want to be on the receiving end of
their beaks. I had neighbors with an attack duck when i was a
teenager, and that was enough to deal with.

Blessed be,
Baha

Did you know that geese were used as guard dogs in ancient Rome?
Cats leave pawprints on your heart