A (bad) Christmas Poem

Old December 16th 03, 08:16 PM
Margaret Fine

Default A (bad) Christmas Poem

If under the Christmas Tree you see
A poorly wrapped package from Me
Remember that I have a cat
and upon your box he has sat

If the ribbon on your package is tattered
and the rest looks a little splattered
Remember that I have a cat
Who wore the bow on his head like a hat

If the paper on your package is shredded
and the gifts inside are now dreaded
Remember that I have a cat
and let's just leave it at that

--
Margaret Fine

Old December 16th 03, 08:31 PM
Yoj

Not bad at all! On the contrary, it is delightful, and certainly hits
home with cat people.

--
Joy

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Winter (or Summer) Solstice,
Hogmanay and New Year! If that didn't cover it, Season's Greetings!

k.net...

Old December 16th 03, 11:20 PM
Gizela

Nice.....thats why the presents are kept in the cupboard!! So much for the
nice present nder the tree look!!

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo

Old December 17th 03, 01:47 AM
Cheryl

Margaret Fine wrote in
k.net on 16 Dec 2003:

If under the Christmas Tree you see
A poorly wrapped package from Me

[...]

Too cute! In our case it includes what is inside the package. Shadow,
Shamrock and Bonnie directed me to get a turbo scratcher, a play-n-squeak
mouse and a feliway diffuser for Jake and Lightning (former stray friends
of theirs) and before I had the turbo scratcher wrapped, Shamrock tore a
hole in the plastic wrap. I think he forgot it was for Jake and figured he
could get him something else later. Doesn't matter that we already have
two of them!

--
Cheryl

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I
can do something. I will not refuse to do the something I can do."
- Helen Keller
Old December 17th 03, 03:59 AM
Marina

I think that's wonderful (and hilarious), Margaret!

--
Marina
Old December 17th 03, 05:50 AM
Hopitus2

I like your poem; it's a good one! Very aprepo to the season.....and so true
about the cats, who are most irreverent of all our decorating efforts....

"Marina" wrote in message
: I think that's wonderful (and hilarious), Margaret!
:
: --
: Marina

Old December 17th 03, 07:03 AM
LOL

Margaret Fine wrote in message nk.net...
If under the Christmas Tree you see
A poorly wrapped package from Me
Remember that I have a cat
and upon your box he has sat

If the ribbon on your package is tattered
and the rest looks a little splattered
Remember that I have a cat
Who wore the bow on his head like a hat

If the paper on your package is shredded
and the gifts inside are now dreaded
Remember that I have a cat
and let's just leave it at that

Hee hee! That all sounds awfully familiar. ;-)
------
Krista
Who thinks the poem is great!