The 'Dead' Cat

Old August 29th 04, 06:55 AM
RobZip

"suitta" wrote in message
news:kYdYc.20153$nk.815@okepread05...
I've read your entire post and was moved by your plight and by your
impressions of the people here. I will surely be judged for this but I do
not think that euthanization is the worst option. Abandoning a homeless

cat
somewhere in unfamiliar territory to be eaten by coyote's or giving it up

a humane society who won't see any potential in the animal and continue

it's
care are unthinkable. So is euthanizing.

What I find most frustrating about it it is the humane society despite being
better known and having more resources for low cost neutering programs is
offering absolutely no alternative when people come in with an animal.
They've seemingly alienated most of the veterinary assistance they once had.
The rescue group sponsored a spay day at their shelter last week - $10 for
males, $20 for females. Although they stopped taking reservations the day
before it took place, with the no shows they didn't even fill up to capacity
on surgery day. We're talking about 30 animals that could have been done.
They actually did 25.

Old August 29th 04, 08:02 AM
Mary

"suitta" wrote in message
I've read your entire post and was moved by your plight and by your

impressions of the people here.

You're a fool. Rob is a lying SOB.

Old August 29th 04, 08:12 AM
Mary

"RobZip" wrote So what did happen to the
noisy, mean tempered old fart that invaded my home? Well, I closed my cats
off in a bedroom on the other side of the house. Cassie cat stayed in the
basement which is her refuge at times. I got a pet carrier out of the garage
and a pair of gloves. I sat on the back porch with a bowl of dry cat food
that had been microwaved for a few secondsto enhance its odor and began
talking to and calling the old tom who was sitting in the bushes on the side
of the house. After several minutes he came around the corner of the house
and sat about 12 feet away in the driveway. I kept on talking to him and
tossed a few pieces of cat food his
way. This spooked him at first and he backed up, muttering and growling.
Pretty soon he stopped with all the noises and began vocalizing responses

when I spoke to him.

This is the cat you insisted was not at all domesticated? You are so full of
****. It really matters not whether you are lying now or whether you lied
about killing the cat.
You're a pathetic loser, so ineffectual in your own world that you have to
create these asinine deceptions. I just don't have it in me to care about
you. There are really worthy creatures to care about. Nice verbal skills,
though. Not at all uncommon in sociopaths. But back to the fiction you're
created in order to get attention:

His voice was a heavy, raspy, croaky sort of sound,
part cry, part meow. I placed a small pile of food where he could see it

on the step below me and off to the side. I kept tossing pieces to him in
such a way that he was obligated to move closer if he wanted to get them.
Pretty soon he was on the step below the food pile. He stretched his neck as
far as he could and stepped lightly forward on a front paw to start eating
from the pile. All this time I kept talking to him. Pretty soon he was out
of food from the pile and looking to me for more. I held some between my
thumb and fingers outstretched in his direction. As soon as he started to
sniff at it I pulled back a little to get him to come closer. When he did I
started
lightly stroking along his jaw with my finger and thumb, cat food pinched

in between them. He responded by nuzzling my hand, and damn - he was
purring
too!! Things progressed quickly then. He started tolerating more and more

of my petting until I could scratch his head and stroke him all along his
back.
When the food was gone, he was talking to me in the most gravely whisky

voice I ever heard from a cat. I went inside to get more food. [snip
flagrant horse****]

LOL! You lying sack of ****. Even still, I feel certain that there are
people here who will get sucked in by this bull****. And many who will not.

Old August 29th 04, 08:40 AM
MacCandace

A few observations about your various responses since that was the catalyst
for my rather disturbing post.

Hmmm, I find it more than a little condescending/insulting that you decided to
toy with us and fabricate a scenario intended to incite. Of course, you could
be toying with us now and fabricating the living cat. Actually, I believe you
that the cat is alive because I wasn't even sure from the original post whether
you meant you killed the cat or dumped the cat. Obviously, the latter. But I
don't know, here you had been a nice guy, telling us cute, sensitive stories
about Sammy, Cassie, and the babies that I, for one, looked forward to, and
then you decide to set up a little sting operation or whatever it was so that
you could then criticize us for not reacting to in the manner you deem
appropriate (bad sentence structure).

Well, that's too bad about the shelter situation in your area but Cathy is
right that the supposed murder of the tom (who apparently is not even
semi-feral by your description) far overshadowed what you were writing about
the shelters. Of course, we are going to react to the murdered cat over that.
And...we all have different shelter/humane society/rescue situations in our own
areas that are probably not ideal for the most part. Really, what were we
expected to do about the situation in your area? I don't even know where your
area is specifically but I don't imagine there's a whole lot I could do about
it. We all pretty much have to "think global, act local."

I'm glad the cat's not dead and I do suppose you have improved his life
somewhat but I just find it troubling/annoying/even almost "betraying" that you
made the whole bogus thing up. Hey, maybe since the cat is no longer in your
"area," that the guy you gave him to could TNR him, huh? What are the
resources in his area?

Your arrogance is paramount in your replies.

And your arrogance is paramount in your little mindgame.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye other
than human." (Loren Eisely)