fearful mother-to-be

Old August 3rd 05, 02:14 PM
Calvin Rice

Candace wrote:
Arjun's a guy.

That's what I was thinking, before Charlie's first post about him,
because
it looked like a Hindu name, since Arjuna was Krishna's male sidekick,
and
there was an Indian movie director with last name Ray.

-cr

Old August 4th 05, 06:58 AM
Arjun Ray

On 2 Aug 2005 21:11:42 -0700, "Candace" wrote:
| Charlie Wilkes wrote:

| She is involved in a lot of great stuff. She is a friend to the
| cats of the world. I cannot commend her highly enough for her
| social contribution.
|
| Arjun's a guy.

D*mn! It would have been more to fun to wait for someone to 'out' me
as a guy.
Old August 4th 05, 10:35 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 05:58:14 GMT, Arjun Ray
wrote:

On 2 Aug 2005 21:11:42 -0700, "Candace" wrote:
| Charlie Wilkes wrote:

| She is involved in a lot of great stuff. She is a friend to the
| cats of the world. I cannot commend her highly enough for her
| social contribution.
|
| Arjun's a guy.

D*mn! It would have been more to fun to wait for someone to 'out' me
as a guy.

I think you are outed, alright. Weren't you and your apt. on Animal
Precinct, in the happy ending segment?

Charlie
Old August 5th 05, 02:33 PM
Ollie Clark

Calvin Rice wrote:
Kathi S. wrote:
I've had to do this a few times with stray moms and it has
always worked out well.

Thanks very much Kathi. You're very encouraging.

I've been reporting lately how smoothly it has been going, because
the cat eats well, has been staying in the place prepared in the
closet,
using the litter box, and being on the window sills in the evenings.

But now it's backsliding a little. She prefers to huddle in a corner
under the bed, which would be fine if I had put a couple of towels
there for her to lie on. She doesn't stay in the window, but jumps
down and hides when I come in to check on things in the evening.

I'm going to work hard today to clean the floor very well and put
towels down in every possible place. This all happened so
suddenly that the only place I had time to prepare for her was
the place in the closet, that first she didn't use, then did use for
several days, and now doesn't use anymore.

Why she has changed her behavior I don't know. Maybe it means
the time is near.

Sounds like it. She's looking for a hiding place to give birth. TBH, if
she seems happy under the bed without towels, I'd just leave her to it.
The less stress you can cause her, the better. If she's anything like our
cats she'll completely ignore any bed you prepare for her anyway.

--

http://www.ollieclark.com/acronyms.html
Old August 6th 05, 04:51 AM
Arjun Ray

On Thu, 04 Aug 2005 09:35:20 GMT, Charlie Wilkes
wrote:

| I think you are outed, alright. Weren't you and your apt. on Animal
| Precinct, in the happy ending segment?

The filming crew were never at my apartment. As far as I recall, the
episode didn't show any happy ending segment. Maybe they did a follow
up later which I missed. As it was, they were there for filming only
on the first day, and they didn't stay too long - they were following
the HLE officers, not the situations. So, the episode actually showed
us in a bad light (e.g. Bryan Kortis of Neighborhood Cats and I in the
room with nets, cats freaking out all over.)

I took a camera along and took some pictures myself:

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...639&uid=514878

How about a challenge????????? JHBennett Cat community 3 October 12th 10 03:42 PM
caught the mother Ann Cat anecdotes 58 November 10th 04 08:11 PM
Nursing mother question KellyH Cat health & behaviour 21 November 14th 03 02:28 AM
How about a challenge???????? JHBennett Cat health & behaviour 20 July 30th 03 10:24 PM
How about a challenge??????????? JHBennett Cats - misc 2 July 28th 03 01:55 PM