News group falling apart

Old April 13th 06, 04:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default News group falling apart

I posted a short description of my cat's behavior (this is a cat-health
behavior newsgroup) and a poster wrote back insulting me and telling the
other posters to killfile me! All I can say is that some posters must have
extraordinary time on their hands.

My computer is set to only download 300 posts per day, tops. Usually get
less. So I wouldn't be looking at 1500 posts, anyway.

--
Barb
Of course I don't look busy,

Old April 13th 06, 05:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On 13 Apr 2006 07:13:45 -0700, "J Young"
wrote:

lastratstanding wrote:
On 12 Apr 2006 12:26:41 -0700, "J Young"
wrote:

---MIKE--- wrote:
This was once a healthy news group with 1500 posts. Because of the off
topic posts and flame wars and the fact that a few individuals have made
it their personal chat club, many of the regular posters have left for
other cat news groups. This group is down below 1000 posts and dropping
steadily. Go ahead and flame me too (and flame webtv while you are at
it).

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Beware of the troll , posting as "lastratstanding".
He's a known child molestor!

J Young

Known by who?

Your son for one, teandhismolested son!
Thank God Carole had him removed from your trailer!

So your talking lame,newbie bull****. Figures, most folks from AL are
pretty stupid. No proof. No credibility.

You loose yet once again. How come no one supports you? How come
google shows you getting your ass kicked everywhere you go?

post edit that one newbie
Old April 13th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"lastcatstanding" wrote
post edit that one newbie

Do you know this person's identity? Because, you can fry him with his own
allegations. Email me.

Old April 13th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

"lastcatstanding" wrote

Can't wait to see this flaming you speak off. wake me when you start.

Here is what happens on a regular basis: Mike complains that a thread
has too many posts, or there are too many off-topic posts. Everyone
realizes that the only reason this really bothers him is because his
WebTv unit cannot killfile or ignore threads, etc. So people suggest
he get a computer that can do these things, and, yes, we might
*coughcough* suggest that WEBTV SUCKS. Mike then gets
offended.

This happens at least twice a year.

Old April 13th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:47:29 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"lastcatstanding" wrote

Can't wait to see this flaming you speak off. wake me when you start.

Here is what happens on a regular basis: Mike complains that a thread
has too many posts, or there are too many off-topic posts. Everyone
realizes that the only reason this really bothers him is because his
WebTv unit cannot killfile or ignore threads, etc. So people suggest
he get a computer that can do these things, and, yes, we might
*coughcough* suggest that WEBTV SUCKS. Mike then gets
offended.

This happens at least twice a year.

Mike will just have to get over it. WEBTV does suck. I didn't even
know they still had it. Hell you can buy a good computer for what a
webby spends on that crap.

So Mike .........get offended and froth for all of us to see.
Old April 13th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:44:23 -0400, "cybercat"
wrote:

"lastcatstanding" wrote
post edit that one newbie

Do you know this person's identity? Because, you can fry him with his own
allegations. Email me.

I have an idea, but the mail is on it's way.
Old April 13th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

"lastcatstanding" wrote
post edit that one newbie

Do you know this person's identity? Because, you can fry him with his own
allegations. Email me.

I have an idea, but the mail is on it's way.

I think it's pretty murky. Iben uses J Young as one of his nicks, but
with an AOL address in the headers. Recently, someone using a hotmail
address has been spoofing J Young/Iben from google. That could be
Iben himself, doing it to draw attention to himself, or it could be
someone else.

Charlie
Old April 13th 06, 08:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

"lastcatstanding" wrote

Can't wait to see this flaming you speak off. wake me when you start.

Here is what happens on a regular basis: Mike complains that a thread
has too many posts, or there are too many off-topic posts. Everyone
realizes that the only reason this really bothers him is because his
WebTv unit cannot killfile or ignore threads, etc. So people suggest
he get a computer that can do these things, and, yes, we might
*coughcough* suggest that WEBTV SUCKS. Mike then gets
offended.

This happens at least twice a year.

Mike will just have to get over it. WEBTV does suck. I didn't even
know they still had it. Hell you can buy a good computer for what a
webby spends on that crap.

So Mike .........get offended and froth for all of us to see.

Last time this came up, Mike's excuse was that he doesn't have enough
room for a PC.

I think he just doesn't want to learn how to use one. A friend of
mine brought a Pentium 3 with 200+mb of RAM and a 12gb hdd back from
the landfill the other day. It has a built-in DVD player and a
winmodem, too. All Mike would need is an old box like that, a TV out
video card, and a copy of Windows, and he could set himself up with
the kind of newsreader used by normal people.

Charlie
Old April 13th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

"lastcatstanding" wrote
post edit that one newbie

Do you know this person's identity? Because, you can fry him with his own
allegations. Email me.

I have an idea, but the mail is on it's way.

I think it's pretty murky. Iben uses J Young as one of his nicks, but
with an AOL address in the headers. Recently, someone using a hotmail
address has been spoofing J Young/Iben from google. That could be
Iben himself, doing it to draw attention to himself, or it could be
someone else.

Charlie

If all he can resort to is post edits. It's JY.

That's ok, I have what I need. Stay tuned.
Old April 13th 06, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

wrote:

"lastcatstanding" wrote
post edit that one newbie

Do you know this person's identity? Because, you can fry him with his own
allegations. Email me.

I have an idea, but the mail is on it's way.

I think it's pretty murky. Iben uses J Young as one of his nicks, but
with an AOL address in the headers. Recently, someone using a hotmail
address has been spoofing J Young/Iben from google. That could be
Iben himself, doing it to draw attention to himself, or it could be
someone else.

Charlie

If all he can resort to is post edits. It's JY.

That's ok, I have what I need. Stay tuned.

Make sure you show 'em this, Jim Dummy:

So I talked to some folks today. They live in Florence AL. Gonna have
some fun. Just thought I'd pass that along.
From: Jim Dandy
Newsgroups: alt.troll,alt.suicide.holiday
Subject: cats suddenly ignoring me

That'll get their attention. They really like stalkers.

Idiot!