I want a Scottish Fold

Old December 13th 06, 08:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default I want a Scottish Fold

They're by far the cutest kittens in existence. I need support to keep from
trying to get one. If one becomes available to me I will not be able to
resist....

Old December 13th 06, 08:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:
They're by far the cutest kittens in existence. I need support to keep from
trying to get one. If one becomes available to me I will not be able to
resist....

Well, they *are* cute, but they're just cats. With flat ears and heads
as round as a bowling ball.

I held one at a cat show once. I commented on how cute it was, and the
owner just practically threw her in my arms. This is unheard-of at a
cat show. You're not even supposed to touch the show cats. But I loved
it.

Sherry

Old December 13th 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
They're by far the cutest kittens in existence. I need support to keep
from trying to get one. If one becomes available to me I will not be able
to resist....

You have plenty cats already. You do not need a Scottish Fold. Just look
and admire them on the website.

Tweed

Old December 13th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Christina Websell" wrote

You have plenty cats already. You do not need a Scottish Fold. Just look
and admire them on the website.

I didn't say I need one. I said I need support.

But I might in fact need a Scottish Fold, too, now that you mention it!!

Old December 13th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Pat wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote

You have plenty cats already. You do not need a Scottish Fold. Just look
and admire them on the website.

I didn't say I need one. I said I need support.

I think that's what Tweed was giving you...

But I might in fact need a Scottish Fold, too, now that you mention it!!

No, no!

Joyce
Old December 14th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"gracecat" wrote

why don't you contact the national scottish fold rescue organization and
inquire about temporary fostering?

I might do that. But in my out-of-the-way location and with seven other cats
in the house, I doubt they would ever send me a foster. If I did get one it
would have to be a tiny kitten or the resident felines would go nuts. None
of them have ever really objected to a new kitten except once, when Baby
Eyes was miffed about Beatrice at first (they are inseparable now, I think
Beatrice believes Baby Eyes is her long-lost mama, and Baby Eyes can't
remember why she didn't like Beatrice initially).

Old December 14th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

I didn't think Scottish folds were recognized as a breed any more
because of their inherent health problems. Maybe it's just certain
countries that do not recognize them?

Rhonda

Old December 14th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:00:53 -0600, Pat wrote:

They're by far the cutest kittens in existence. I need support to keep from
trying to get one. If one becomes available to me I will not be able to
resist....

Why try? IMHO they look like owls. MLB
Old December 14th 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Katrina

On Dec 13, 7:45 pm, mlbriggs wrote:
On Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:00:53 -0600, Pat wrote:
They're by far the cutest kittens in existence. I need support to keep from
trying to get one. If one becomes available to me I will not be able to
resist....

Why try? IMHO they look like owls. MLB

That's EXACTLY what they look like... Gillie (the Scottish fold I
adopted from a rescue group a couple of months ago) has the roundest
eyes and most somber expression. Everyone who sees him for the first
time comments on how hard it is to read his mood. Once you get to know
him you realize how expressive those little folded ears really are.

Katrina